Highlighted
alihs707
1 Copper

Dell Vostro 3550 USB PORT NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Dell Vostro 3550 (2 days back) and i just figured out that only one of the 3 usb ports are working.

1 USB PORT AT BACK (USB 3) not working

1 USB PORT RIGHT (USB 3) not working

1 USB LEFT (USB 2) works

1 USB LEFT (USB 2.0/ SATA) WORKS

Why not the other. I even updated BIOS. HELP PLEASE

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dell Vostro 3550 USB PORT NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would recommend you to try the following steps to check the USB ports. Firstly I would advise you to uninstall and reinstall the USB root hubs from the device manager. Please follow the steps below to reinstall the USB root hubs:

•  Click Start, type device manager in start search and press Enter.
  •  Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  •  Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
  •  Restart the computer and check.

If the USB ports are still not working, please click on the link mentioned below and download the USB 3.0 host controller.

http://dell.to/PKU06y

Hope this helps. please reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Dell_Abhishek_B
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

16 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would recommend you to try the following steps to check the USB ports. Firstly I would advise you to uninstall and reinstall the USB root hubs from the device manager. Please follow the steps below to reinstall the USB root hubs:

•  Click Start, type device manager in start search and press Enter.
  •  Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  •  Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
  •  Restart the computer and check.

If the USB ports are still not working, please click on the link mentioned below and download the USB 3.0 host controller.

http://dell.to/PKU06y

Hope this helps. please reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Dell_Abhishek_B
#IworkforDell

alihs707
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank Abhishek..

I did uninstall and reinstall but it didnot work

One question. USB 3.0, can it not run usb 2.0 devices or things?

0 Kudos
alihs707
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The other link you gave did not help

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The USB 3.0 slots are backward compatible. It will recognize USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 as well.

I would like to know the following :

• What sort of device are you trying to connect?
  • Please try checking this slots, with any other USB device.
I would also like you to update the chipset driver and the system BIOS from the links below.
Once the BIOS is updated the system will restart, check if the issue is resolved. I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a personal message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system details and help you accordingly.

Hope this helps. Please reply for any further queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Dell_Abhishek_B
#IworkforDell

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just wanted to confirm about the USB ports, did the driver and BIOS installation resolve the issue. In case you need any further help please send me a private message with the system service tag so that I can check the system configuration details and help you.

Please reply in case you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Dell_Abhishek_B
#IworkforDell

0 Kudos
akaswan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Abhishek

I have one USB port not working as well on my Vostro 3550. I followed your advice by updating the 3 drivers: USB 3.00, Chipset and Bios. No change.

Anything further I should do?

Wayne

0 Kudos
pcsorin
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi abhishek , i have a question please if u can help me ,

im searching a laptop that have e-sata and usb 3.0 if will have and msata support will be great , i found only dell vostro 3360 have that only usb 3.0 and msata

can u give me a help advice about any model laptop that have this 3 ways futures ? e-sata , usb 3.0 and msata support to can use msata ssd ?

anyway , the dell vostro 3550 can alow boot from usb 3.0 port ? outside the OS ? without to install the driver ?

i mean is there any laptop that have 3.0 instaled on bios motherboard ? even to alow to boot from usb 3.0 and to work at speed of 2.0 ? and after OS is loaded , and also driver instaled, to work in full speed of usb 3.0 ?

thanks im waiting your sincerly answer.

help from a profesionist

thanks again in advance

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

Once Intel released the Ivy Bridge CPUs, the chipsets gained full USB 3.0 support (vs. the add-on USB 3.0 controller in earlier systems) -- so most newer systems can boot from USB 3.0 now.

0 Kudos
pcsorin
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

please give me more details , do u mean about sandy bridge cpu ? its same with this ivy bridge cpu ??

can you also give me some model example that use msata mini pcie slot for ssd ?

i know dell precision m6500 m6400 m4500 , and dell vostro 3360 have this future ,

but what other models have this new tehnology ?

thanks ejn63

0 Kudos