2 Bronze

Dell Vostro 3560 doen't turn on - AC adaptor LED turns off when connecting to the laptop

Dear All,

I have a serious problem with my Dell Vostro 3560 laptop. I bought this on october 2012.

When I was working on my laptop, suddenly the screen went black and t got turned off. I tried to turn on pressing power button, but nothing would happen. Then when I looked at the AC adapter I noticed that the LED on that was turn off. I removed the AC adapter from the laptop and  tried to turn the laptop on. It didn't start. AC adapter LED is on but as soon as I plugged it to the laptop, the LED would turn off. I can't turn the machine on. Pls help guys, I'm desperate as I have a lot of info in this lap I need.

Pls pls pls help....[:'(]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
10 Diamond

RE: Dell Vostro 3560 doen't turn on - AC adaptor LED turns off when connecting to the laptop

The first thing to try is replacing the DC jack in the system.

<<www.amazon.com/Power-Cable-Harness-Inspiron-Vostro/dp/B00GX4KK20>>

If that doesn't fix the issue, the mainboard needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Vostro 3560 doen't turn on - AC adaptor LED turns off when connecting to the laptop

Thanks EJN63,

I disassemble the whole thing and removed the jack and plugged it into the As adapter separately and turned it on. This time the LED of the AC adapter stayed on.

Is it really a problem with the motherboard?

Where can I find the motherboards coz it's not available in the DELL stores?

Pls help...

0 Kudos