Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 6th, 2015 22:00

Dell Vostro 3750 cpu fan always running on maximum rpm speed!

Hi I recently found my laptop's cpu fan behaving abnormally.

In normal situation, the fan would run at lower rpm speed most of the time (even after opening several programs & web browser tabs) & the noise was negligible.

Lately, the fan consistently runs on full high rpm speed & the noise is very annoying. I have not installed any new programs & my computer activities (see above) remained unchanged but this fan just keep running at full noisy speed.

I have tried to remove the dust using those can air dusters and even tried SpeedFan software to try to control the fan speed but to no avail.

Can anyone teach me how to control the fan speed to run mostly at lower rpm?

Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 6th, 2015 23:00

Hi sotong,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer so that the hardware settings are reset and the fan may run on the normal RPM. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

26 Posts

October 7th, 2015 16:00

BIOS was already updated to the latest a few months ago. It is version A14 for my laptop model.

Maybe it is this new BIOS that's causing the problem? How to roll back to previous older version? Is it safe to do that?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 10th, 2015 02:00

I have the same issue with my vostro 3750, BIOS update did't helped.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 11th, 2015 11:00

Hi sotong,

I would like you to set the BIOS to defaults and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.

2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.

3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.

4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

If the above steps do not fix the issue. Please private message us the system tag and the region you are located so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

26 Posts

October 11th, 2015 21:00

Tried and didn't work. Fan is still blasting at full speed most of the time.

1 Message

October 13th, 2015 07:00

I have the same problem with my Vostro 3750.

I have tried the same.

Any further ideas?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 13th, 2015 10:00

Hi sotong,

Please private message us the system tag and the region you are located so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

1 Message

November 15th, 2016 04:00

did this get resolved? I have the same issue suddenly.

No Events found!