Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2014 04:00

Dell Vostro 5470 Touchpad driver is NOT working

Hi. I'm using windows 8.1 and my Touchpad doesn't recognize Elantech driver.

I already installed driver from Dell drivers website.

The problem is all my key fn function work but the enable/disable Touchpad doesn't work.

And I don't see any option to customize my Touchpad.

Only left click, right click, moving pointer are working, but scrolling doesn't work.

I think the driver isn't installed or maybe it isn't compatible with windows 8.1.

6 Posts

September 7th, 2014 05:00

actually, after 2 weeks of searching I finally managed to find an appropriate driver for vostro 5470 touchpad

http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01734943M/5/Input_ELAN_W81_A00_Setup-M54TX_ZPE.exe - there you go, enjoy it

6 Posts

August 30th, 2014 12:00

same thins here, I'm using my Vostro 5470, windows 8.1 Pro. I downloaded two touchpad drivers from this web-site including ELAN. Nothing works. I just don't have the specific tab for touchpad settings in my system. 

It really irritates me as I'm not able to adjust my touchpad at all. Please help.

PS: the specific hot key for disabling the touchpad is not working as well. 

6 Posts

September 7th, 2014 05:00

c'mon this can't be serious. is it a dell community or what? 

Guys, the driver for touchpad for Vostro 5470 is just NOT working. Please read the above written two complaints and do something!

Thank you:(

September 7th, 2014 06:00

I haven't tested it. So it doesn't work too?

OMG!! I already gave up on this. Now I can actually use my touchpad. COOL :emotion-3:

Thank you very much 

6 Posts

on a side note: i'm also looking for my sensor (biometrics) device - ain't working as well....did you succeed with it? 

6 Posts

no problem mate!

Actually, let me know if it worked for you! did you install it yet? (requires reboot for the changes to take effect btw)

6 Posts

September 7th, 2014 09:00

no it does not work:( 

1 Message

December 10th, 2014 16:00

Hi! I got the same problem with you and thank you, your driver solved my problems too!

Thanks man! :emotion-1:

1 Message

January 15th, 2015 08:00

as for biometric device (fingerprint), mine is working after i did these steps:

1. install the diver from dell website (i don't know if you could skip this step or not,,)

2. open Device Manager (try typing on start metro, its easier)

3. you'll found one unrecognized device (at least for my case i only have one)

4. right click on the unrecognized device, choose install driver, and find it online,

the last step will bring you to installation of the correct driver, and the biometric device finally detected.

Finally have a functional touchpad and fingerprint :),

Dell have to update their driver with working one, it's a shame for Vostro family...

1 Message

June 5th, 2015 21:00

Totally worked for me!

Thank you so much :)

July 17th, 2015 06:00

I actually had the same issue while trying to update to windows 8.1

I tried calling dell's supp but all they said (after making me do a bunch of useless tests) was that "well we are sorry but it seems there are no drivers for your computer when it comes to windows 8.1. why don't you try going back to windows 8?" 

bummer...

No Events found!