Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2015 04:00

Dell Warranty less than 6 months on new Purchase

I have purchased one Dell Vostro 3546 series laptop 2 days back i.e 4th June 2015. When I checked the Warranty details for my laptop (tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) it shows that the warranty will expire on 24-Dec-15 which is less than 6 months whereas the Dell provides the 15 months warranty for this laptop.

It shows that the product is shipped on 24-Sep-14 and thus the warranty will expire on 24-Dec-15 but how come the warranty will expire when the product was not at all purchased by customer.

I have purchased this laptop from authorized dealer under the bill from Nehru Place and request you to please let me know the solution for my problem.

Thanks

Prateek

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 5th, 2015 05:00

You need to register the system with Dell (transfer ownership to your name) to initialize the warranty.

< >

Use the system service tag and the link above.

June 6th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

Thanks for the Prompt Reply.

I have already registered my laptop with dell still it shows same warranty period on given link. Also the transfer process needs the previous owner which is not applicable in my case as I have purchased brand new laptop from retail shop.

Your reply in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Prateek

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 04:00

I have also same problem. I bought my dell vostro on 24 may and it shows warranty ended on 23 Dec.

what can i do

1 Message

May 21st, 2017 13:00

Try registering it using the support > Retail Registration generally takes one week time

No Events found!