Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Dell Webcam Central Not Found Through Diagnostic on Inspirion n7110 pre 2010

How can I download my dell downloads on a system pre 2010?  I have followed all the directions and it will not register my laptop.  I have to reinstall my Dell built in Webcam because it is not found during diagnostic?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 7th, 2015 21:00

Hi happy0611,

Please reply us with error message which appears when you try to register the system. Camera on Dell Inspiron systems has native drivers from Windows operating system. The Dell Webcam Central is an additional software application through which you can create videos and take pictures. If you are looking for ‘Dell Webcam Central’ you can download it from HERE. If the diagnostics is not able to detect the webcam. I would suggest you to update the BIOS and the Chipset driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and then chipset driver from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

August 10th, 2015 14:00

Hi and thank you for responding. I have attempted several times to register the system and the registration just spins and than timesout (after 3 hours).  My service tag is: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Additional the Webcam diagnostic report states that it cannot locate a webcam :(

4 Posts

August 10th, 2015 15:00

My dell download states my service tag is not supported..  How can I just reinstall everything?  I love this computer and I do not want to part with it.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 12th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

The system you are trying to register is not supported by My Dell Downloads. Please let us know the applications you want to reinstall.

Did you update the BIOS as this would hard reset the hardware on the system so that webcam works.
Also, I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.
4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

No Events found!