Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2009 02:00

Dell Webcam Central & Windows 7 (The Windows 7 Version Of The Dell Webcam Central Program)

Simply put, could somebody please post a link to the GENUINE Dell Webcam Central software for Windows 7, where ever it is on the Dell Drivers Website?

I don't mean some hokey, 3rd rate Vista (or earlier) version of the program, but rather the true 32-bit OEM Windows 7 version that Creative Labs developed specifically for Dell notebooks and netbooks (and please don't refer me to the "Application" CD which came with the computer, because it's nowhere to be found).

Dell has been selling notebooks with the Creative Labs integrated Webcam and the Windows 7 operating system for a good couple of months now, and I know they would not have included the old Vista (or even XP) drivers for use with Microsoft's newest operating system.

I have looked high & low and read just about every post I can get my eyeballs on, but everybody seems to advise loading the old, outdated Vista or XP drivers rather then the new Windows 7 ones, which obviously had to have shipped with the computer, since it had Windows 7 on it from the get-go (and I'm not talking about the "upgraded after-the-fact" scenario, either).

So just a link, please, to the OEM Dell Creative Labs Webcam Central program for Windows 7.

It can't be that big a deal...

P.S.  I also need the Windows 7 Hauppauge TV tuner drivers (the whole lot of them) for an Inspiron Mini; they have to be out there somewhere, as well.

I would obviously prefer the Dell OEM version, but I DO NOT want (and will not use) the old Vista or XP versions, which seem to be available all over the place on this Website; I only want the true "made-for-Windows 7" stuff.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 16th, 2012 16:00

Grant,

I posted the link for Logitech webcam drivers and Windows 7. I case someone didn;t know the link would not hold, so you'll need to copy and paste the link to your address bar.

Logitech Webcam Software for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/lws227_full.exe

I wish Creative Labs would have provided Windows 7 drivers.

Paitently waiting to see what other drivers can be found. I guess using Internet Explorer and  going to My Dell Downloads :: Login use the same email address and password used here, then clicking on add system. Then downloading Dell Webcam Central from there is not providing the drivers for the Creative Labs webcam. I also guess that Dell Webcam Central is also not providing the drivers.

Patiently waiting.

Rick

22 Posts

January 22nd, 2012 18:00

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, might be the wrong one (per Dell) but it installs and works perfect.. I love the link to PhotoBucket..

This is a FIX for Dell AIO IO2305 x64 Windows 7 Ultimate... Guarantee...

34 Posts

January 22nd, 2012 19:00

Where is the link you are reffering to Snuffy?

22 Posts

January 23rd, 2012 08:00

The new version can be found here.

the name is Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam_SW-RC1.1

34 Posts

January 23rd, 2012 18:00

Again--it is not the softwart --Rather it is the driver.  Windows 7 is not reckogizing the driver in its updates.  Any other suggestions?

3 Posts

February 11th, 2012 18:00

That link looks like it has changed since you posted it. It now leads to a monitor. Do you still have the install file that you can make available? Or a link to the current location of the file on Dell servers. I've been unable to find it. Thanks

81 Posts

February 11th, 2012 20:00

It just looks like a monitor. The file that you download is webcam software, but be sure it's the correct version before you install it.. I was directed by Dell to install that on my M4600 and it did not work. It seems to not be compatible with the webcam in my computer.

Dell really needs to get their act together on this. Does anyone from Dell ever read these posts?

34 Posts

February 11th, 2012 22:00

I read them hoping Dell answers or request as many of Dell's integrated cameras stopped working after a Windows 7 Update.  I do not think Dell cares?

22 Posts

February 12th, 2012 07:00

http://ge.tt/8I5hCWD?c

this is where I have stored my WebCam program for my 2305 AIO...

It might work on many other systems... try it if it works then add you model to the list....

3 Posts

February 12th, 2012 09:00

Thanks very much for that file. I tried it out but unfortunatley it doesn't work. After installing I can't get any picture at all. The webcam central that shipped with my machine was the "business" edition - without all of the fun effects etc.

Maybe the webcam software for the e6520 would work on the m4600 is anyone has it?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 13th, 2012 14:00

EVERYONE,

Try running the Webcam Diagnostics and report back any error messages.

Rick

81 Posts

March 1st, 2012 22:00

Any news from Dell on this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2012 23:00

Dell is currently working on the issue. The manufacturer of the webcams is also working on a solution. I will post an update to the threads as soon as I hear anything.

Rick

34 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 07:00

I hope so Rick.  To date it all has been smoke and mirrors.

1 Message

March 8th, 2012 13:00

I also had a problem with my webcam on a Dell Latitude 6500 with Windows 7 installed. The webcam was recognized in Device Manager, but I had no software to get it running.

What I did: downloaded the software DellWebcamSW from http://dell-webcam-central.software.informer.com/. Trying to install it, setup always claimed that there is no webcam installed on my system. So I unpacked the files from the archive to a folder on my harddisk and started setup.exe from the subfolder DWcentral of the unpacked archive.

Setup finished without error messages and after a restart of the system, I was able to start the software Dell Webcam Central from the Start Menue, and it works fine.

Hope, this works for others as well!

No Events found!