Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2009 02:00

Dell Webcam Central & Windows 7 (The Windows 7 Version Of The Dell Webcam Central Program)

Simply put, could somebody please post a link to the GENUINE Dell Webcam Central software for Windows 7, where ever it is on the Dell Drivers Website?

I don't mean some hokey, 3rd rate Vista (or earlier) version of the program, but rather the true 32-bit OEM Windows 7 version that Creative Labs developed specifically for Dell notebooks and netbooks (and please don't refer me to the "Application" CD which came with the computer, because it's nowhere to be found).

Dell has been selling notebooks with the Creative Labs integrated Webcam and the Windows 7 operating system for a good couple of months now, and I know they would not have included the old Vista (or even XP) drivers for use with Microsoft's newest operating system.

I have looked high & low and read just about every post I can get my eyeballs on, but everybody seems to advise loading the old, outdated Vista or XP drivers rather then the new Windows 7 ones, which obviously had to have shipped with the computer, since it had Windows 7 on it from the get-go (and I'm not talking about the "upgraded after-the-fact" scenario, either).

So just a link, please, to the OEM Dell Creative Labs Webcam Central program for Windows 7.

It can't be that big a deal...

P.S.  I also need the Windows 7 Hauppauge TV tuner drivers (the whole lot of them) for an Inspiron Mini; they have to be out there somewhere, as well.

I would obviously prefer the Dell OEM version, but I DO NOT want (and will not use) the old Vista or XP versions, which seem to be available all over the place on this Website; I only want the true "made-for-Windows 7" stuff.

Thank you.

22 Posts

June 20th, 2012 10:00

http://www.ge.tt/#!/8I5hCWD/v/0

here is the program I use to get my Dell Web Cam working....

3 Posts

June 20th, 2012 10:00

Hi

I also have same problem with camera so can any one help me???

thank you

sagar

4 Posts

July 5th, 2012 19:00

my studio 1749 webcam driver not fond

3 Posts

July 5th, 2012 20:00

snuffy i`m not able to roll off my web cam driver can u help me...

i`m installing my web cam driver and when i`m starting my camera   its showing plug in a supported device......

3 Posts

July 5th, 2012 20:00

use link provide to me  by its working.....

www.ge.tt

July 5th, 2012 21:00

sagar757,

Windows 7 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell systems. There are some Dell XPS models that require webcam drivers.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

If the webcam is listed in the symptom tree and no error messages, create a new unrestricted user account and the webcam should work. If it works, then log out and log back in to your account the webcam should be working again.

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

22 Posts

July 6th, 2012 17:00

snuffy i`m not able to roll off my web cam driver can u help me...

i`m installing my web cam driver and when i`m starting my camera   its showing plug in a supported device......

I really need more information as to your system... then I can look to see if I can find a solution for you....

Dell seems not to provide proper... I used everything that DELL offered me, to find proper drivers for.. Currently the drivers

I have provided links to (provided to me by a Dell Member) works in All versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 for me.

Always willing to try an help.

1 Message

August 17th, 2012 03:00

yes! this is exactly what I have been looking for. After I reinstalled a completely new hard-drive into my computer after my last one crashed, I had to manually reinstall many of the drivers in order for my computer to have certain necessary functions that came with the computer when I had first bought it. Although I found most of what I needed through the driver CD that came with the computer, I scoured the web for a webcam driver for Dell windows 7, and I found mostly webcam programs that did not direct the root of my problem. Thanks so much for your help. My webcam now works accordingly as it should.

7 Posts

August 17th, 2012 09:00

Im also having this issue with Win 7 64 bit on Inspiron 5110  I try to run the webcam diagnostic under IE9  and Iinstall the plugin. The diagnostic utility does not work

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 17th, 2012 19:00

Cybed,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

10 Posts

October 19th, 2012 07:00

This stupd web cam for my Inspiron 1545 I mean.

10 Posts

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Why on earth do those 

at Dell make it so hard to use this stupid thing??  I have been searching and searching for two days just to get this stupid thing working.  Man, if it was my mother she would have thrown this 

laptop out the window days ago!!  Aggravated and annoyed?, I GUESS SO!!!

1 Message

November 9th, 2012 23:00

I called Dell support for the 2nd time and actually got a URL to download the actual Webcam Central Program. My computer crashed also and I needed the program again this is actually a download from Dell even though it is weird it will direct you to Dell to download Webcam Central once and for all.

www.tinyurl.com/aj543211  

1 Message

November 16th, 2012 12:00

when i tried to open the "dell webcam central",i got a message"no webcam is connected".so i removed the dell webcam central and also i can't find"the integrated web camera" under the input bar in the device manager.i need the help in this problem as i also failed in downloading the"dell webcam central"software

34 Posts

November 16th, 2012 13:00

You, me and a whole host of other people.  None of the fixes listed here have worked for many of us.  Dell refuses to address this issue.

No Events found!