Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2009 02:00

Dell Webcam Central & Windows 7 (The Windows 7 Version Of The Dell Webcam Central Program)

Simply put, could somebody please post a link to the GENUINE Dell Webcam Central software for Windows 7, where ever it is on the Dell Drivers Website?

I don't mean some hokey, 3rd rate Vista (or earlier) version of the program, but rather the true 32-bit OEM Windows 7 version that Creative Labs developed specifically for Dell notebooks and netbooks (and please don't refer me to the "Application" CD which came with the computer, because it's nowhere to be found).

Dell has been selling notebooks with the Creative Labs integrated Webcam and the Windows 7 operating system for a good couple of months now, and I know they would not have included the old Vista (or even XP) drivers for use with Microsoft's newest operating system.

I have looked high & low and read just about every post I can get my eyeballs on, but everybody seems to advise loading the old, outdated Vista or XP drivers rather then the new Windows 7 ones, which obviously had to have shipped with the computer, since it had Windows 7 on it from the get-go (and I'm not talking about the "upgraded after-the-fact" scenario, either).

So just a link, please, to the OEM Dell Creative Labs Webcam Central program for Windows 7.

It can't be that big a deal...

P.S.  I also need the Windows 7 Hauppauge TV tuner drivers (the whole lot of them) for an Inspiron Mini; they have to be out there somewhere, as well.

I would obviously prefer the Dell OEM version, but I DO NOT want (and will not use) the old Vista or XP versions, which seem to be available all over the place on this Website; I only want the true "made-for-Windows 7" stuff.

Thank you.

22 Posts

November 16th, 2012 14:00

http://www.ge.tt/8I5hCWD

You might try this DL... an see it fixed by Dell 2305 in Windows 7 and also Windows 8

PS: Do not tell but so far I have 448 DLs an over 400 Thank you(s).

Just a Software Pirate

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2012 12:00

nononew,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

If your computer is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support

Grant,

If I remmeber correctly, Dell-Terry B sent you a private message.

Rick

1 Message

February 19th, 2013 02:00

pls i need a direct link to install my dell webcam  can any one help me pls ? my model is inpiron N5010

1 Message

March 11th, 2013 10:00

my inspiron 14z came with dell  webcam central 2.00.46 and when I check for update  there is a new version 2.01.18

released directly from "Creative technology", 221.35MB  the file name is   DWSS_V_2_0_PCAPP_WEBUP_6.exe

dont have a direct link though..

an updating program opens up and starts to download it realllllly slowly and saves it to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Software Update\cache\Dell Webcam Central 2.01.18__  folder on the laptop.

the old version 2.00.46 software file from creative was  DWSS_V_2_0_PCAPP_WEBUP_4.exe

hope this helps someone out there ...

March 23rd, 2013 13:00

en.community.dell.com/.../20100781.aspx   use this link just got finnished dl it and works perfict

9 Posts

April 2nd, 2013 21:00

After trying this link - All I Get Is - Details for this driver are Currently Unavailable - Please Try Again Later - What Good Does This Do When I Can't Link-Up ???

1 Message

April 12th, 2013 02:00

a

22 Posts

April 12th, 2013 12:00

http://www.ge.tt/8I5hCWD/v/0

long time ago I post the link for Dell 2305 WebCam.. works on all Windows 7 and Windows 8.

9 Posts

April 12th, 2013 12:00

vez, I do appreciate your concern & yet your message got lost- I have a 2year old Inspiron One 2305, I had a working webcam, long ago, but it's gone- It not in my Device Manager profile- I run Windows 7 Premium Home Edition 64bit- I've Tried Many Different Things & Nothing Helps, So Please, Jump-Right-in & See What U Can Do - Please Reply & We'll Go From There ... Thanks

1 Message

June 2nd, 2013 09:00

Hi

Is there  a way to download DWSS_V_2_0_PCAPP_WEBUP_6.exe latest version of Dell webcam as offline download complete set up file

22 Posts

June 2nd, 2013 11:00

everything I find on that says it is malware - so if you want you probably need to turn off FW and AV and malware detector.

June 19th, 2013 16:00

Peço ajuda para reinstalar e atualizar meu webcam central...

Me ajudem por favor,..Obrigada.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2013 09:00

Your download works great!  First time learning how to use (rar).  However, way back about 3 years ago after buying a new dell laptop had a problem with web cam.  Dell shipped me the DVD (CD) program, but a few days ago I ran into a problem with web cam program.  For some reason the "Text-To-Speech" stop working.  Just wondering if you might have any suggesting on this.  Thank you very much for your time.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2013 12:00

Just found out from Reallusion and they told me Crazy Talk 4.0 was never meant to run on Windows 7.  Like I told them I have never had an issue with Crazy Talk 4.0 (Live! Cam Avator Creator) before and I have used such program for 4 years.  Except one time after I bought the laptop.   I signed up for an account with them and will be communicating with their support in the near future.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2013 18:00

This link does not work.

No Events found!