Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 12:00

Dell Webcam Central Won't Open

Dell Webcam Central will not open up. The webcam has worked fine on Skype but I cant use it by itself on my computer. I've uninstalled it and everytime I try to reinstall it it says it's detected a newer version on my computer and makes me close it. I've even used RevoUninstall but the same thing happens. Dell Webcam Central does not even show up under Programs and Features so I don't understand why I can't install it. I've gone to Dell Downloads and have selected Dell Webcam Central to download but it only gives me the Live Avatar Creator thing. I don't know what else to do. I've also used a link I found in another post that made me unzip files but again when I try to set it up, it says a newer version has been detected on my computer and I have to close the wizard. I've tried this on a different user account and also on safemode and have had the same results.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 15th, 2015 17:00

Hi jasmin14,

We need to check if the issue is caused due to any application installed on the system. So please clean boot the system using the link below and then reinstall the Dell Webcam Central on the system.

http://dell.to/1eOndyH

Also, please let us know the operating system installed on the computer.

7 Posts

June 17th, 2015 13:00

It still says windows detected a newer version of dell webcam central and makes me close it.

7 Posts

June 17th, 2015 18:00

I go to Documents > My Dell Downloads> Dell Webcam Central>setup

and through that the only thing that will install is Live! Cam Avatar Creator, which is not what I want.

When I try

Documents > My Dell Downloads> Dell Webcam Central> DWCentral> setup

it says that the setup detected a newer version of dell webcam central and makes me close it.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 27th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to refer to link below to remove the Dell Webcam central manually from your computer.

http://bit.ly/1ebYTZe

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!