Laptops General - Read Only

Start a Discussion
Not applicable

Dell Windows Recovery ISO Issues

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I've run into some issues with the Windows recovery image for a Dell Latitude E7450. Background information, the Windows install became corrupted along with the recovery partition, and the Dell recovery media (created previously) was unable to repair the install, so I found the recovery ISO on the Dell support site. However, after I imaged the ISO to a USB (using the Dell OS Recovery Tool) the installer took an extremely long time to boot, and hung at the "Windows is loading files" progress bar, the splash screen while booting, the "Setup is Loading" screen, and the "Expanding Files" part of the setup (it progressed 4% in about 8 hours). I tried a second USB and downloaded the ISO again, and tried booting both in UEFI and Legacy mode. However, when I attempted an install using the standard Microsoft Windows 7 Pro image, it progressed without any issues. (I was subsequently able to use the Dell recovery USB stick imaged with the ISO downloaded from the Dell support site to install over the Microsoft image). I was wondering if this is a known issue with the Dell Windows recovery ISO, or if there was a recent change to the ISO that could have caused this issue?

Replies (0)
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions