Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 07-10-2013 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell Wireless Dock D5000 - WiGi - drivers / firmware? used with Dell Latitude 6430u

My new Dell Latitude 6430u received today is connected & working with the Dell Wireless Dock D5000 but an icon in the system tray of the operating system is saying :

"You are using an older version of the drivers for your Dell D5000 device. Please go to the manufactures' support site or www.displaylink.com to get the latest drivers."

What I have tried:

Dell Client System Update

support.dell.com (found my service tag automatically but no luck)

Windows Update

Windows 7 64-bit pro (from the factory)

The Dell Wireless Dock D5000 (came in the same box as the 6430u

There is nothing else installed on this system other than factory installed software.

I found that I needed to update my WiGi drivers manually for the 1601 from the support.dell.com drivers

AND download some software update from www.displaylink.com

even then this D5000 is still not working as smoothly as in the video marketing. The display screen flickers once when connected to the D5000 & Windows does a thunk thunk thunk when it grabs onto the video. (nothing else is connected, no other keyboard, usb, etc.)

has anyone had any luck with these WiGi docking stations?

Replies (36)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Ok, nevermind my last message. I figured it out. A03 is out via support.dell.com. The dock software doesn't ask you to upgrade, neither does Dell's update utility. I went and manually downloaded and installed it.

The lag issue on my external monitor is gone 99% of the time now. It was the worst when using Firefox, but even that is noticeably better.

The only thing I'm curious about now is the optimal placement of the laptop vs. D5000. I have not been able to get "Signal strength" to show better than "Very Good" except maybe once or twice when it briefly showed "Excellent". Both the laptop and dock are on my desk and the right corner of the laptop is about four inches from the from left corner of the D5000.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

So I'm running 1.0.10.610. How do I go about getting 1.0.11.659? I went to the DisplayLink site just 2 days ago and installed their latest. Then I went to the link above and got A02 from Adam Orion's blog.

Is there a download link for A03?

Also, when I installed A02 from Adam's blog, it told me at the end to update the firmware on the D5000, but I have no idea about where to get the firmware update for the dock.

3 Silver

Open Programs and Features. Look for D5000 Wireless Dock. It should have a version listed there. The latest version: 1.0.11.659.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

A03? I didn't even know there was an A03. How do I know which version I have? None of the version numbers in the WiGiG Hub icon show me anything "AXX"

3 Silver

The DisplayLink package did not fix the mouse lag for me. The mouse lagged for me for A01 and A02. With A03, mouse lag has stopped. I would suggest installing A03.

3 Argentum

www.displaylink.com/.../sla.php - Try this.. Choose I agree to download..

Mark my answer as resolved if your issue is resolved

Best Regards,

VeejDeej

Endorse me: http://goo.gl/C3567
Dell user
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

The mouse lag is on my 24" external monitor running at 1920x1200. Once I bring the cursor back to my laptop screen, its at the right speed. Ext monitor is connected via VGA cable as it has no HDMI option.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Btw, I've finally received my dock and so far so good. No major issues.

I am getting minor mouse lag with my wireless mouse (I'm not sure if a wired mouse will resolve this or not).

Audio (music) playback is interrupted or distorted easily by even moving items on my desk or adjusting the LCD screen on the 6430u.

Where is the wigig antenna on the 6430u and where is it on the dock itself? suggestions for optimal placement? So far I get either "Excellent" or "Good" quality.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

How do I know which version my driver is? I looked at the version information in the wireless dock software, but none of it says "A02" etc?

3 Silver

For anyone out there trying to get a hold of the A02 Dell wireless dock software, take a peek at my guide here.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor