Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2013 17:00

Dell Wireless Dock D5000 - WiGi - drivers / firmware? used with Dell Latitude 6430u

My new Dell Latitude 6430u received today is connected & working with the Dell Wireless Dock D5000 but an icon in the system tray of the operating system is saying :

"You are using an older version of the drivers for your Dell D5000 device. Please go to the manufactures' support site or www.displaylink.com to get the latest drivers."

What I have tried:

Dell Client System Update

support.dell.com (found my service tag automatically but no luck)

Windows Update

Windows 7 64-bit pro (from the factory)

The Dell Wireless Dock D5000 (came in the same box as the 6430u

There is nothing else installed on this system other than factory installed software.

I found that I needed to update my WiGi drivers manually for the 1601 from the support.dell.com drivers

AND download some software update from www.displaylink.com

even then this D5000 is still not working as smoothly as in the video marketing. The display screen flickers once when connected to the D5000 & Windows does a thunk thunk thunk when it grabs onto the video. (nothing else is connected, no other keyboard, usb, etc.)

has anyone had any luck with these WiGi docking stations?

4 Posts

May 16th, 2013 10:00

I got it working (stable for now).

1. Updated dock connection manager driver to: 1.0.0.446_A01

2. Reinstalled DisplayLink_1.2M1.exe

3. Reconnected Port Display dongle to VGA and that made it work  

I would suggest bypassing VGA and use HDMI but my display is not equipped with it.

Keyboard/mouse is connected via USB.  So far Outlook 2010 works fine on the external LCD display and office apps.  Laptop distance to D5000 wireless dock is 32"

One problem: IE or Firefox wont work on external LCD connected via wireless dock.  I don't know why just yet, so i"m using my laptops display to run the IE and Firefox.

I'll keep you updated as I gain more experience with it. I hope Dell reworks the drivers as I don't understand why IE/Firefox wouldn't work.

50 Posts

May 17th, 2013 10:00

For anyone out there trying to get a hold of the A02 Dell wireless dock software, take a peek at my guide here.

May 21st, 2013 22:00

www.displaylink.com/.../sla.php - Try this.. Choose I agree to download..

8 Posts

Btw, I've finally received my dock and so far so good. No major issues.

I am getting minor mouse lag with my wireless mouse (I'm not sure if a wired mouse will resolve this or not).

Audio (music) playback is interrupted or distorted easily by even moving items on my desk or adjusting the LCD screen on the 6430u.

Where is the wigig antenna on the 6430u and where is it on the dock itself? suggestions for optimal placement? So far I get either "Excellent" or "Good" quality.

8 Posts

How do I know which version my driver is? I looked at the version information in the wireless dock software, but none of it says "A02" etc?

8 Posts

The mouse lag is on my 24" external monitor running at 1920x1200. Once I bring the cursor back to my laptop screen, its at the right speed. Ext monitor is connected via VGA cable as it has no HDMI option.

50 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 06:00

The DisplayLink package did not fix the mouse lag for me. The mouse lagged for me for A01 and A02. With A03, mouse lag has stopped. I would suggest installing A03.

50 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 11:00

Open Programs and Features. Look for D5000 Wireless Dock. It should have a version listed there. The latest version: 1.0.11.659.

8 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 11:00

A03? I didn't even know there was an A03. How do I know which version I have? None of the version numbers in the WiGiG Hub icon show me anything "AXX"

8 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 00:00

So I'm running 1.0.10.610. How do I go about getting 1.0.11.659? I went to the DisplayLink site just 2 days ago and installed their latest. Then I went to the link above and got A02 from Adam Orion's blog.

Is there a download link for A03?

Also, when I installed A02 from Adam's blog, it told me at the end to update the firmware on the D5000, but I have no idea about where to get the firmware update for the dock.

8 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 01:00

Ok, nevermind my last message. I figured it out. A03 is out via support.dell.com. The dock software doesn't ask you to upgrade, neither does Dell's update utility. I went and manually downloaded and installed it.

The lag issue on my external monitor is gone 99% of the time now. It was the worst when using Firefox, but even that is noticeably better.

The only thing I'm curious about now is the optimal placement of the laptop vs. D5000. I have not been able to get "Signal strength" to show better than "Very Good" except maybe once or twice when it briefly showed "Excellent". Both the laptop and dock are on my desk and the right corner of the laptop is about four inches from the from left corner of the D5000.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 02:00

HI

i have problem with A03 and before A02

after instalation one of the upper version my computer don't see dock but on A01 works just fine

any idea ?

50 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 07:00

Have you tried resetting the dock to its defaults?

20 Posts

June 4th, 2013 07:00

For those of you with this dock working perfectly with Windows 8 I have a question for you.     I've been unable to find or install a driver for DisplayLink Audio.   So, under Windows 8 I show an exclamation point for this, and my audio does not work when I'm connected to the dock.

My dock came in yesterday after a 2 month wait.  I had a Dell 6430u from the factory with the 1601 wireless card installed and it worked fine with the audio.  

I went in and installed 8 clean on the laptop, proceeded to install the Dell WiGIG 11.0.11.659_A03 drivers as well as the WiFi/Bluetooth driver 10.0.0.227-A01.   I installed the Dell provided Intel HD4000 graphics Drivers (9.1.17.10.3040), as well as the DisplayLink_7.2M1 drivers direct from DisplayLink.

Everything is working properly with the exception of the DisplayLink Audio.   Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

50 Posts

June 4th, 2013 07:00

Hi ppark1,

I have more info on this process on my site here. With Windows 8 and the A03 driver, you should not use the DisplayLink package. The drivers and software that are in the DisplayLink package are contained in the A03 package so you do not need to install it. Only install A03.

At this point, if there are no restore points to prior to starting the dock install process (if there is a restore point, restore to then and then proceed), I would uninstall the dock software, the displaylink package and any other software that has installed related to the dock, and reboot. Upon reboot, re-install the A03 package, reboot and then connect to the dock and build the profile and all that.

Let us know how it goes.

No Events found!