Highlighted
hardy59
1 Copper

Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse KM632 deactivated by Brother USB printer driver?

The DELL Inspiron 17R SE 7720of of my mother was used  since years and without problems with a wireless mouse and keyboard connected to.

But now, since I installed the drivers for a new "Brother DCP-L2500D" printer/scanner device, the wireless mouse and keyboard stopped working - more precisely: After a start/restart of Windows, the wireless mouse & keyboard are dysfunctional at the login screen. If then the printers USB connection is unplugged, the wireless mouse & keyboard are back operational after like 10 seconds.

I have tested all available USB ports and "permutated" the connections in all possible combinations - to no avail...

Any hint/idea how to fix this is highly welcome!

BTW: The laptops built-in keyboard and touch-pad are never affected and do work all the time.
The OS is Windows 7 Home Professional (64bit).

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse KM632 deactivated by Brother USB printer driver?

Based on your troubleshooting, the fault is with the Brother DCP-L2500D driver, not the computer or operating system. Go here and see if they have a different driver to test. You should also post the issue Brother Support and see what they say.

0 Kudos
hardy59
1 Copper

RE: Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse KM632 deactivated by Brother USB printer driver?

@DELL-Chris M

Thanks for your message.

Your suggestion makes sense, I have already submitted the issue to the Brother support team.

0 Kudos