Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2016 18:00

Dell XPS 11 9P33 Backlit Keyboard

Just reset Windows 10 after a bad "update". When I reboot my laptop on the Dell Screen and in bios my keyboard is bright as can be.  As soon as it boots into Windows 10 the backlight disappears and won't come back on at all.  I tried the Windows Mobility settings and there is no option for the backlight. I tried the FN + F10 toggle and all of the other toggles possible but none are working.  I updated all of the drivers and still can't get the backlight to come back on.  Any help is appreciated. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

please reinstall the quickset or it's equivalent software (reset was done not refresh hence all drivers are removed.. )

if u can give me the tag (private message ) i can help u with the drivers link.

Alternatively check in BIOS if it has an option to change the keyboard brightness.. has to be a drivers caused failure..

Thanks

Robin

• 

16.7K Posts

August 17th, 2016 09:00

Drt054,

You can download the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack. 

This solution involves replacing your old utilities with a new one that adds two tabs to Keyboard properties in Windows Control Panel.

The Dell Feature Enhancement Pack (DFEP 2.2) utility is a system Utility application. With this application installed you will be able to :

• To change the Backlit Time Out
  • To change the LED Brightness
  • To change when the LEDs should resume after a Time Out
  • In Control Panel you will gain an additional two (2) tabs in the keyboard properties window.

Download the Application at the link below.

Dell Feature Enhancement Pack 

5 Posts

August 17th, 2016 14:00

Thank you for your reply.  I had already installed the Quick Settings driver but at first it still couldn't get the option for the keyboard to come up.  So I uninstalled QS, and rebooted, re-inistalled the QS and it is finally working now.  Thank you!!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 18th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us informed that the system is working fine.

Kindly Private message us if there are any other issues on the system.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!