sober028
1 Copper

Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook - DisplayPort to HDMI Dongle, HDMI Audio Support?

Hi, I am wondering for the XPS 12, if audio is supported through the HDMI port if the mini DisplayPort to HDMI Dongle is used?

I am currently looking at this Dell Mini-Display Port to HDMI cable:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&l=en&s=dhs&cs=sgdhs1&sku=470-13181&~ck=bnpd&~bk=gr:ProductRec_default,g:AlsoUsed,rk:&~lt=popup

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
randygibbs
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook - DisplayPort to HDMI Dongle, HDMI Audio Support?

The audio works fine on my LCD TV but not on my Dell 2408W monitor.  Audio still comes from the XPS 12 Ultrabook.

0 Kudos
lovetostreak
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook - DisplayPort to HDMI Dongle, HDMI Audio Support?

On the page that the link you provided displays, it says at the very bottom that the cable is supported by the XPS 12.

0 Kudos
Thistle3595
1 Nickel

But does this adapter support both video and audio going from the XPS 12 to the TV?

0 Kudos
jcwrks
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook - DisplayPort to HDMI Dongle, HDMI Audio Support?

I have the XPS12 9Q33. I purchased an Accell B086B-008B-2 and Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable from Amazon. Both audio and video are passed when I connect the hdmi cable to my tv or into my stereo receiver.

The StarTech MDP2HDS active adapter did not work.

0 Kudos