Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2014 09:00

Dell XPS 12 display problem

I have a one year old xps 12.  As usual Murphy's law applies because the warranty just expired. This morning the laptop display is flashing different colors.  An external display is working just fine.  I have turned the laptop off and on several times but the laptop display is still not working.  Any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

October 21st, 2014 12:00

Greetings Darmijo1,

Thanks for your post. Go ahead and PM me your name, email and service tag and I'll see what options we have available for repair.

For troubleshooting this issue, trying an external monitor was a great start. Thank you. The very next thing I would do is try to reseat the LCD cable. Open the XPS 12 guide you'll eventually make your way to the cable by starting from page 43. Note: page 43 is for removing the entire LCD. I'm simply giving you the entire process so that you can follow up to the cable. I'm not asking to remove the entire LCD. Once you see the cable, simply unplug it then plug it right back in and insure it's firmly planted. Guide here: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_xps_laptop/xps-12-l221x_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

If you still have the same issue after a cable reseat, you'll want to test the LCD with the LCD BIST test. We'll want to know if you have the same issue or not, during this test.

Please post back with any question or feedback.

No Events found!