Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2014 05:00

Dell XPS 12 power adapter problem

Hello, I've had my new Dell XPS 12 for a week now and I've run into a problem with the power adapter. It has stopped charging my laptop, and I'm almost certain the problem is with the charger since the laptop does not register it being plugged in and the indicator light on the charger does not come on when plugged into the wall.

It is important to note that I'm out of the country (currently in UK, bought laptop in US) and while it worked fine back home my laptop charged halfway before it stopped working here. I don't think the problem is with the power converter we've been using to plug in American electronics since phone chargers and other devices have worked. 

Any help or assistance would be very much appreciated, thank you for your time. 

332 Posts

June 24th, 2014 06:00

Hi Supersomebody,

It Seems like the AC adapter has gone faulty since you have mentioned that when plugged into the wall indicator light on the adapter is not glowing.

Also, The AC adapter provided by Dell is compatible in both the regions as the input voltage can vary from 100-240V.

Since the adapter is faulty we can have it replaced under warranty, Please Private Message(PM) me the Service Tag of the System while we look for possible options and get back to you.

NOTE : To send a private message, click on my name and select send a private message.

332 Posts

July 12th, 2014 19:00

Hi Supersomebody,

Good Day.

Just Checking back to see if you have received the replacement adapter.I have responded to you via private message also and I understand that the issue with the adapter is now resolved.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

No Events found!