Highlighted

Dell XPS 13 9343 matte display appears greasy when displaying white background

Hi all,

I just received my Dell XPS 13 (Early 2015 version). I have the matte display version. 

Now everything is working fine with the laptop, except the fact that whenever the laptop displays any white backgrounds (say this forum/ a word file) it seems as if the display is somewhat greasy (although this is obviously not the case). It seems as if there is some kind of grainy texture or a layer of grease on the display (at least this is the best way I can think of to describe it). Now this effect is most clearly recognizable if I put the brightness to the maximum.  If I turn down the brightness or lean the display more towards me (thereby changing the viewing angle) this effect seems to disappear.

I am not sure whether anyone else  had a similar issue. I have to say that I am changing to this laptop from my old laptop, which had a glossy display, so I might just need to get used to the new display. But I still wanted to check whether this might not be a defect with the display.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
killerz298
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 13 9343 matte display appears greasy when displaying white background

Other people have noticed what you said including me. You learn to ignore it over time but some screens are worse than others. I also experienced issues with dark spots on 2 units I was sent before I got a good one. Well I say good in that it had no dark spots, the 2 dead motherboards in 13 months says otherwise.....

0 Kudos