Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2015 05:00

Dell XPS 13 (9343) touchpad scrolling speed.

Hi, 

So I've just picked up my brand new Dell XPS 13 (9343) laptop today and everything is working perfectly. The only issue that I have with it at the moment is the touchpad scroll speed as I feel it is too slow for my liking. I can't seem the find the touchpad settings in the control panel, nor can I find any relevant drivers for the model that I have.

Is there a way to increase the scroll speed? 

1 Message

April 24th, 2016 21:00

Holy ***....

I actually have an answer for this issue...

Normally I do not...

Just stumbled across this one on another site...

The setting for the scrolling speed of the trackpad is actually the one used for the scrolling speed of the mouse.  So, just increase the number of lines to scroll for the mouse and it affects the scrolling speed for the trackpad..

Voila!!!

it works...

2 Posts

April 16th, 2015 18:00

hi,

i'm facing similar issues here. the touchpad reacts way to slow when i'm moving the curser or if i scroll up/down. it takes around half a second to move the cursor.

is there any way to fix this?

best regards,

lukas

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 17th, 2015 16:00

The following Microsoft document is regarding configuring precision touchpads. 

menu, similar to right-clicking.

To change precision touchpad settings

Precision touchpads come with several settings that aren't usually included with other touchpads. For example, you can turn off swiping in from the left or right edges, or reverse the scrolling direction. You can also adjust the length of time your touchpad stays off while you're typing so you can avoid accidentally tapping the touchpad with your thumb and moving the cursor. To change your touchpad settings, follow these steps:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Mouse and touchpad.

3. Change the settings you want.

Please let me know if you both continue to have problems.

TB

1 Message

May 24th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I also face the same problem that when I am surfing Internet, the scrolling speed is too slow for my feeling and I also don't know how to adjust the scrolling speed of touchpad.

To be honest, I think your suggestion is only what we can adjust the touchpad now, but there is nothing related to the scrolling speed.

Best regard,

Arin I.

1 Message

July 21st, 2015 20:00

Terrry,

Thanks for the reply.  But this does not answer the question.  The speed of the scroll is in question and there does not seem to be an adjustment capability. 

We should be able  to get to the bottom of a web page in one two finger swipe.  Right now it takes about 10 to get to the bottom of wsj.com

I just left my job where I had a dell business laptop and moved away from my personal 2011 MacBook.  Like everything else so far with the xps...but the scrolling has to be faster.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2016 19:00

Hey,

I've just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 and I have the same problem. I had a Samsung before and the scrolling speed was perfect. I could scroll an entire google page with around two fast scrolls, but with the Dell computer takes me at least 10, even with very fast hand movements.

The fact that one is not able to change this default speed is seriously an issue. For me it is a fundamental option! I still have a week to change my computer to another brand if I want to. Please Dell Support make a change or something involving this, because I've seen a lot of people reporting the same issue online in a quick search!

It's absurd that in a time when everybody is used to scroll really fast with iPhones and other devices we have to scroll 10 times to go through a short page! It feels like I'm using a notebook from the year 2000! It's a major characteristic that should had been thought about by the product development's team from Dell. Nowadays, the more customizable a software is, the better!

Scrolling is important, have you guys ever browsed 9GAG?

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Please, I beg you to at least send us a response regarding this, or pay me a mouse.

Thanks.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 03:00

Well I sent my XPS back. Not having a fully functional touchpad in that price range is not acceptable... I loved the design of the XPS and its light weight but the quality is just inacceptable. Besides the disfunctional touchpad the keyboard did not work properly for me either. It registered two keystrokes at a time even though I just pressed the key once. A Dell technician came by to fix it, completely disassembled it and replaced every part. After that the backside was not even anymore and the XPS kept wobbling when typing. Never again... Better get yourself a Latitude, which is a business notebook, where the quality is not as bad as for the consumer range. Or even better get a Lenovo, can't do anything wrong with these notebooks...

September 15th, 2016 18:00

It works! Thanks!!

No Events found!