Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 15th, 2016 00:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 USB Bootable Windows 10 Drive - Please Help

I am completely at a loss. I just purchased a used XPS 13 9350 and am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 in UEFI mode. The BIOS is causing me all sorts of problems and frustrations.  I've tried to create a bootable USB,using Rufus, and cannot get the laptop to boot off of it.  First, I can't even successfully add a boot option in UEFI mode to enable USB boot.  I have been successful in getting the laptop to boot off the drive when I create a MBR Legacy bootable USB, and set it in Legacy mode... and it will install Windows.  I want to do it in UEFI.  Can someone please provide me instructions on how to set up a bootable USB in UEFI mode (in case the Rufus method I've been trying...GPT partition for UEFI) isn't right and 2) instructions on how to set up the USB option in the BIOS that will actually work?  Research indicates that I add a new bootable option and select a file somewhere...I've tried everything with EFI extension and nothing works.  Everything I've tried results in a "bootable device not found" error and a shutdown box.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2016 15:00

Hello,

If you have found a solution, please let me know... I'm also XPS 13 (9350) new owner,  and have the same problem...

Amities from France

No Events found!