kirkd
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell XPS 13 9350 touchpad two finger scrolling "jumps"

Dell doesn't have a touchpad driver because the driver is built into Windows 8 & 10, and controlled by MS. Although tweaking around the built in driver may do some good, the next time the OS is updated, the MS Precision driver will again be in charge.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
animeskumar
1 Copper

I went to device manager then "Mice and other pointing device". I saw "dell touchpad". I right click on that and uninstalled it including the driver software. It asked me to restart.

After restart everything worked fine but then the next restart installed "Dell Touchpad" driver again. So back to the original issue.

0 Kudos
Seas2Day99
1 Copper

I had this very same problem too on an Inspiron 7000 laptop.

When scrolling down slowly, as soon as you lift your 2 fingers it often jumped up or down, sometimes all the way to the top or bottom of the page.

I tried many things to solve this and it still happened a lot.

The trick of lifting only one finger to stop scrolling really has made all the difference for me!

With that method it never jumps out of place.

I was borderline to go buy another  Macbook but I can live with this small  change in my  usage habits to be happy with this otherwise great computer.

67smurphy
1 Copper

You can install the Synaptics Touchpad applet to customize your preferences. I've used this on many Dell laptops even when none were required due to the built in Windows 10 Drivers. I found this especially useful when the screen continued to zoom in & out whenever I was using a three finger swipe.. Be careful though. Make sure you create a system restore point.

0 Kudos