Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2017 04:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 wakes up in airplane mode

Hello, I have a problem with my Dell XPS 13 9350, FHD edition. My laptop sometimes wakes up in airplane mode. And it sometimes wakes up even though the lid is closed, so when I take my laptop in my hands, it is hot and the battery is drained.

It does this behavior sometimes, like 30% of the time. But it is really annoying since I cannot trust that my laptop will be fully charged when I need it.

I tried following solutions:

- I updated all my drivers, including BIOS.

- I fiddled with almost every setting in power options.

- I changed my wireless card to a better known model (Intel 7260 or something like that)

- I formatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10.

Nothing helped, the problem continuous. So how can I solve this?

• 

16.6K Posts

October 30th, 2017 09:00

ZuLuuuuuu,

Under the additional Power Settings, there is a check box for "Fast Start Up" which is on by default. If you turn this off, the computer will no longer go into Airplane Mode on its' own or ignoring your power/sleep button. Also, it appears to start up and shutdown faster without it.

Click the link below for help resolving the Airplane Mode issues.

Resolving Not Being Able to Turn Off Airplane Mode

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 30th, 2017 10:00

Which version of Win 10 did you reinstall, the first Creator's Build or the most recent one from Oct. 17th.?

4 Posts

November 1st, 2017 01:00

Already tried it, it did not work.

4 Posts

November 1st, 2017 01:00

I am facing this problem for the last year or so. I installed the Fall Creators Update after I reformatted but the problem continues.

No Events found!