michae9000
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 13 9360 Screen Flicker Issue

Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 13 9360 Screen Flicker Issue

I'm having bluescreen issues with the same device now, and getting asked to do yet ANOTHER remote-from-a-complete-stranger sessions with my personal data.  I'm 40 hours into debugging this device and I'm losing my ***.  I have done my due diligence.

Has any one attempted legal action against Dell?  Tweeted Michael Dell himself? This has been the single worst purchase experience I've had with ANY product.

Please for the love of god, someone at the company reading this tell me how to escalate my issue!

Service Tag: C92TTF2  Dell XPS 13 9360

0 Kudos
zqush
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 13 9360 - Do not purchase! - Multiple issues

This is alarming.  I just picked up one of those last week.  I haven't had any issues with it (yet).  You probably got a faulty unit, so I would push Dell to have it replaced with a working one.  My guess is that software/drivers won't solve your problem because if the driver was the issue, then I should in theory have the same problem, which I don't.  I think you have a hardware problem.  Maybe a faulty memory or a loose connection somewhere.  I'd get it replaced if I was you.

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

@zqush I agree, I think it is a HW problem.  My biggest issue is how much Dell actually offloads their troubleshooting on the customer.

I paid premium price for the device because I want them to make the laptop issues THEIR problem, not mine.  I shouldn't have to spend an hour everyday with someone to troubleshoot the item.

Theoretically, if each of the drivers are released and tested, the device should be issue free.  If it is not, the device has issues, and patching with new driver updates will be troublesome.  

I've had to kick, scratch and scream to get them to do anything.  If I tell them it has taken too much time to troubleshoot, they send me a survey.  If I can keep at least x people from making the same mistake then I'll take that as a consolation prize.

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

Managed to find some time to do more free work for Dell.  I updated the BIOS, so far no issues.  41 hours in and counting!  Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
allen.george_843
2 Bronze

So, as someone who's fought several of these issues historically, and I had this problem on my 9550, I have to ask, have you removed the installation of the powercolor software that came from Dell? I removed that on the 9550 and it stopped this problem. I can also tell you that you CANNOT on the 9550 use the stock version of the Intel Graphics drivers if you have the Release Preview. It will take about 3 minutes (this is NOT an exaggeration) for the machine to boot with them. You must use the Dell "cooked" version.

If the PowerColor application is still installed on your machine. Ditch it ASAP. this is also the thing that assists with dragging windows to other screens (in a quite annoying way).

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 13 9360 - Multiple issues

I will try that, thank you for the suggestion.  I will try to find that application

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

Sigh, machine bluescreened on shutdown today, I really don't have time to invest in a remote debugging session today, I just have to laugh and how much *** Dell is willing to offload on the customer.   Perhaps later this week when I have absolutely nothing to do during the day.

Unbelievable.  

Thinking about cutting bait, selling the machine off and getting something back and make it someone else's problem, and I'll eat a thousand or so.  Maybe I can find some pro bono legal advice.

Dell, you absolutely ***.  Worst purchase ever, going to make it my mission in life to prevent anyone making the same mistake.

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

Still getting emails from support to remote troubleshoot the machine, setting up callback times during the workday lol.  i have accident protection, I get a replacement anyway if something is broken with the machine?  How is that any different?

0 Kudos
michae9000
2 Bronze

45 hours in.  The unholy communion with the Dell's ripoff express continues...

The Dell support team is using the 'don't answer the question directly technique'.  They continually ask me to set up a time they may remotely debug my computer, in which I respond only with 'Provide me a replacement'.  Maybe I'm talking to a bot?

I would rather they just send me a list of the drivers that have the best chance for correcting the Wifi bluescreen issue, which I cannot actually deterministically duplicate (and thus prove).   What usually happens on sending these units in is they cannot repeat the customers issue, and then just return the unit.

If they want to try different combinations of drivers usually means they have no idea what is wrong with it. After all this time it is STILL cheaper for them to try to have people take a swing at fixing it.

0 Kudos