Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2017 13:00

Dell XPS 13 9360 Original hard disk image

Hi,

How I can recover original partition layout with recovery partition contains original windows with drivers?

Now only find tool named "Dell OS Recovery Tool". But this tool make usb stick with some tools that removes recovery partition from my SSD and install clean windows 10 without drivers.

This not useful for me.. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 20th, 2017 14:00

Did you make a Win 10 Recovery drive?

4 Posts

October 20th, 2017 14:00

I make it using Dell OS Recovery Tool downloaded from Dell support site.. And this recovery drive kills all recovery partition on SSD..

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 20th, 2017 21:00

A Win 10 Recovery drive is made in Win 10.  It can recover back to factory conditions.  If you did not do that, maybe some of the others will have an option for you but it might require purchasing some media.

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2017 12:00

I'm very surprised that there is no utility on the manufacturer's website that allows to restore the original state of the hard drive. But there is a utility designed to restore the operating system, but it removes the factory partition recovery.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2017 13:00

I have only done one of the OEM images, which I believe did not install the OEM utilities.  I do not remember what happened to the actual partitions on the drive.

If the system came with Win 10, it was probably set up to use a Win 10 image created on the fly from your current install.  It used the recovery partition to hold the OEM additions but needed a recovery tools partition which could combine these to get a full factory install.

So I can't comment on what you system may have been capable of doing, depending on its condition when you attempted the Recovery.  

If your system is bootable, could you attach a picture of your Disk Management window showing all the partitions?  Maybe we could see something which would help.  Use the rich formatting reply to attach screen shots.  I like to limit the size to 250 or 300 ..

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 04:00

Current partitioning 

Before I try to use Dell OS Recovery Tool more partition present.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 06:00

I was hoping you might still have the larger recovery partition containing the OEM stuff but you do not.  The Win 10 Recovery drive would have put all the partitions back.

All I can suggest you do is get in touch with telephone support and see if they can send you replacement media.

12 Posts

November 19th, 2017 02:00

sso.dell.com/.../login this link should be to a factory image, but as many other link it is not working :)

12 Posts

November 19th, 2017 02:00

Hi, i have the same problem, i was using the recovery tool and all partitions is gone. I did it since Bitlocker was installed but not finished when i got the compputer.

No Events found!