RE: Dell XPS 13 9365 Loud Beep Issue

Yes, you should install the BIOS update as well.

0 Kudos

OK. Thanks veekta. If your system is still beeping, I'll share your feedback with the quality team.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I don't think it is coming from the speakers as iv has a similar problem with my XPS, perhaps take it to your local computer store?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Installed the driver and the beep still happens.....  No change.  Everything is up to date including the Bios.

0 Kudos

OK. We're looking at it again. Thanks for you feedback veekta, pielet97, Amber34. I'll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Luke, I have heard the beep a number of times when the volume on my XPS is turned off so I don't think it's related to the speakers.

I have also heard it when the lid has been shut (although the XPS will occasionally not go into sleep mode when the lid is shut so it may still be on). The beep comes from the keyboard and is very loud.  

0 Kudos
5 Rhenium

Any chance it is some type of warning siren, such as heat?  I haven't heard mine in a while but if I hear it again I will check the bottom of the unit to see if it seems hot.

I have had a 9365 for almost 4 month and this loud beep is still there even if updating all the drivers and BIOS when new arrives. Regarding any heat problem, I got the sound just after start today and couldn't feel any heat. I can hear the beep when the speaker is muted as well. Now and then I check the log-files but I can't see any sign of logged activity at the time of the sound. Nothing obvios anyway. Apart from this beep a really like the 9365 so please fix ASAP since a can't bring it to an auditorium because I'll scare the *** out of the others and people want me to mute the sound. And this is what I've done...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same issue since new - currently investigating with support but nothing useful forthcoming so far, bios and chipset etc all updated.

It happens seemingly completely randomly, sometimes every couple of days, sometimes two weeks can go by without it.

There is nothing in the event logs or bios diagnostics.

I have recorded each time it has happened and what the system was doing at the time, there doesn't seem to be any pattern at all. Sometimes lid is closed, sometimes not, sometimes plugged in, sometimes on battery, sometimes a few minutes after boot up sometimes after 8 hours use. I'm not running anything too taxing.

It's very loud and very annoying.....

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Dell - Any update on the plan to solve the problem?   We need some info, because at some point we need to start a return process.  I can only have the cr*p scared out of me so many times.

0 Kudos