Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2014 05:00

Dell XPS 13 Cypress Touchpad Buttons too hard to press

Getting very frustrated with this issue now!

Bought a reconditioned XPS in June, full warranty from DELL.  Everything works great, except the touchpad which is AWFUL!!!!  

The physical buttons are the worst problem, and they need to be pressed VERY hard for them to work.  I have had DELL engineers change the entire trackpad twice now, and still the problem persists.

The "tap to click" option is better, but still seems to miss about 30% of my clicks...

I bought this laptop as I am so often working on the road... this issue has basically made it unusable, and I'm ready to chuck it out the window.

Rant over, and what i've done to try and fix:

- Twice service engineers replaced touchpad hardware, no improvement

- Flashed BIOS

- Deleted all touchpad and mouse drivers, reinstalled latest driver from dell website

- Endlessly played around with different combinations of touchpad settings

Does anyone have this issue too?  Any other ideas of what could be tried?  This simply can't be a how it is meant to be, everyone who uses this laptop has trouble clicking!!

1 Message

July 23rd, 2017 18:00

Hello. I was wondering if you ever ended up fixing the issue you had with your XPS trackpad where you had to press very hard for the physical click to work. I have the same issue and want to know how to fix it. Thank you.

No Events found!