einarsen
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 13 (ultrabook) Trackpad problems

I have version 2.5.0.52 and I am experiencing the problems listed in this thread.

I agree with the person who said it seems like it's only recognizing the mouse-down event. On scroll bars I'll often tap and have the mouse stay active and scroll down very quickly.

This version of the drivers DOES NOT fix the issue.

--Brad

0 Kudos
einarsen
1 Copper

Bah. I should have read more carefully. 2.5.3.35 seems to have solved the problems. My palm on the large trackpad will always be an issue... I can work around that but the tapping seems to have been cleaned up.

Thanks, Dell!

0 Kudos
xj8954
1 Copper

I think that's why Dell give you a Microsoft Arc wireless mouse with the purchase of this laptop.. lol

0 Kudos
b-rad13
1 Copper

I have Windows 8 on this machine and am still having click issues - WHY is this trackpad so bad.  My brothers company of 1000 people for 1:1 was asking for a rec, but i will be recommending something else

Sergiusz
1 Copper

I've got the same issue (Windows 8), trackpad doesn't register tap clicks, mouse cursos freezes on screen. Checked with all drivers from dell drivers page (uninstall old and install new) with many BIOS version (A03-A07). All with Dell engineer.

No real fix and no solution. Brilliant.

I will repeat myself: We have notebook from 21st century, man jumps from space and Dell has got a problem with bloody trackpad! 😞

0 Kudos
HoZr
1 Copper

I have had nothing but issues with the track pad for 6 months.   I love the computer but the track pad is CRAP.   I've experienced all the same issues and now have some in reverse.  I don't use tapping, I always turn it off.  The stupid track pad now recognizes tapping about 50% of the time even though it's disabled.  I have done every software, bios, driver delete, re install Dell has advised.  I've re installed my OS 2x.  Every fix they come up with makes something else worse and they have NO solution!     They want me to send my laptop off with a tech even though I have on-site service - No Fing Way!  Last time it cam back blank.

I would advise EVERYONE to stay away form the XPS13 until they get  new track pad manufacturer.  This is horrible.

0 Kudos
Michael Stuart
1 Copper

I agree - gave mine to one of the kids and got a Samsung  S9

0 Kudos
Highlighted
carlamrl
1 Copper

I am currently having the same problems described by others in this post. Single clicks are impossible to manage in this trackpad. Any help?

0 Kudos
einarsen
1 Copper

The standard response to the "click-stick" or single-tap issue is to load the latest driver. Palm rejection still sucks, but it is what it is. (I'm the one guy who used to like the IBM trackstick.)

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

Please contact me if any of you are still having problems with the Trackpad on your XPS 13 and have already tried updating to the latest Trackpad driver.  Just click on the link in my signature and then click start conversation.  Please include the service tag of the notebook in your message.  

Thank you

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos