pfmcdonner
Not applicable

Dell XPS 13 won't boot up and has blinking amber light (twice) plus blinking white light (once) for the 2nd time

I have a Dell XPS 13 that had the motherboard replaced a few months ago.  When attempting to boot the front led blinks amber twice, then white twice repeatedly. The device will start up but never boots to the dell logo or the Windows OS. This is with the AC plugged in and also with the internal battery plugged in.  After a few months, I had the same issue with the laptop yesterday.  Is there another issues other than the motherboard or could it be that the "refurbished motherboard" came from another defective Dell XPS 13 9350?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dell-Vijay A
3 Argentum

RE: Dell XPS 13 won't boot up and has blinking amber light (twice) plus blinking white light (once) for the 2nd time

Hi PFMCDONNER ,

Does the screen gets stuck at Dell logo?

Are you able to boot to "advanced boot options? by pressing F8?

Also run the diagnostics by pressing the F12 during startup and let me know the results.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Dell-Vijay A
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
qvoice
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 13 won't boot up and has blinking amber light (twice) plus blinking white light (once) for the 2nd time

This sounds just like my Dell XPS 13 9350!   It died this month, after only 12 months of basic use.  Warranty expired.  Dell diagnosed it as a bad motherboard.   I chose this 'high quality' model (instead of cheap one) thinking it would last a few years.   Wrong; time to move on.

0 Kudos
porsche928
2 Bronze

Blow out the fuzz / dust in your CPU fan

0 Kudos