Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2012 04:00

Dell XPS 14z USB 3 port not working after windows re-installation

Hi, 

I re-installed windows on my XPS 14z, 

Installed all the drivers (inc. chipset, bios , etc.)

updated all the windows updates.

but the SS USB port driver didn't install. (you can see it on Device manager as "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" with no driver)

I have searched everywhere for it, I tried Dell PC checkup, automated driver search etc. 

I saw on these forums a similar problem with the XPS 15z and tried their solution to no avail.

can anyone point me to a driver? 

Thank you

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 00:00

Hi Avp40,

My problem got solved when i re- installed the "Texas instruments TUSB 7320" driver from the driver disc.

Hope this helps you.

1 Message

March 6th, 2015 05:00

My hat is off to you. I deleted my driver and then could not reinstall because it kept saying I had a newer driver, which I did but it would not work either. I installed the driver via the link you provided and even though it said it was for an XPS which I have a 14z, the driver worked beautifully. Thanks so much and have a great year! I f we lived near by I would buy you a beer!

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2012 14:00

I have the same issue with my XPS 14z.

What should I do??????

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2012 07:00

Thank you!

May 26th, 2013 13:00

And thanks again...this worked for me too and I downloaded the driver from here:

www.dell.com/.../driverdetails

- Miriam

1 Message

March 5th, 2015 02:00

thanks to all. My Dell XPS 14z USB3 can now be seen and I can use the WD USB3 hard drive for back-up  again. I cant understand why Dell haven't added this driver to its standard set.

This is the second time the USB port has 'dissappeared'

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 16:00

Have you re-installed the driver for Windows 10?

No Events found!