Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2015 08:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 Audio Vibrations!

Hi,

I recently got a new Dell XPS 15 9550. Every time I change the volume to more than 40% chassis including keyboard vibrates. It's quite loud and disturbing and shouldn't be present in such a "quality" product.

Vibration comes mostly from the left side. The keys are vibrating and probably some stuff inside the computer too, so if I put my hands over the keyboard firmly, the vibration is reduced but still too loud.

Here's the sound recording to better understand the issue: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0adp7LVjRjC

Anyway, I'm surely returning this one, but as I'm reading on forums a lot of people have this issue. So I need to know if this is normal for all the XPS 15 9550 notebooks? So if I get mine replaced instead of refunded, I won't get one with same issue.

Thanks.

December 14th, 2015 14:00

I was just about to create a thread with literally the same problem! 

I have a Dell XPS 1645 and whenever i turn up the volume more then 70% the bottom of the laptop starts vibrating (a metal sheet, screwed on) and you cant hear a thing

2 Posts

March 11th, 2016 16:00

I have roughly the same issue. Just delivered today, the audio causes a vibration buzzy noise. It's pretty awful I cannot seem to cover it up too well by adjusting sound profiles so I am guessing it's to do with the speaker being faulty or something?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 12th, 2016 03:00

I am guessing it's to do with the speaker being faulty or something?

Hello. I don't know if it is being caused by a bad speaker or by something needing tightening, but excessive vibration is a physical problem that would require a hands-on fix. Contact tech support if you are still under warranty.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2016 11:00

I got a replacement laptop delivered to me, unfortunately it had a very similar problem... an annoying buzzing.

I then found out that it seems to originate from the caps lock key being slightly loose.

Does anyone else have slightly looser tab, caps lock, shift, ctrl and fn key than the rest of the keyboard?

1 Message

January 16th, 2017 12:00

I just got the laptop. It seems to vibrate when listening to music and when typing something it feels weird.

This is really disturbing :(

1 Message

May 27th, 2017 03:00

I have the same problem.  I tried downloading a knew audio driver but problem persists.  Does anyone know if Dell has a solution for this problem?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 28th, 2017 04:00

Does anyone know if Dell has a solution for this problem?

Hello. If it is a hardware issue then Dell won't have a solution short of repairing it. I don't know if it is being caused by a bad speaker or by something needing tightening, but excessive vibration is a physical problem that would require a hands-on fix. Contact tech support if you are still under warranty.

No Events found!