Saltgrass
Diamond

RE: Dell XPS 15 9550 Blue Screen

Hashstrid, your link doesn't seem to work.

A PCIe drive should not need a driver for it to be a boot drive. if installed in the UEFI configuration.  There have been some bios problems lately related to PCIe drives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
korkutata
Copper

I found my problem. When I close the Dell Premiere application everything resolved.

0 Kudos

I fixed my BSOD problems because Dell was not willing to help unless I paid up and extended my warranty ($233.00). Called Microsoft and they wanted ($250.00) to try and resolve it. My resolution seems to be working without issue! I formated the hard drive and installed the latest version Of Linux Mint  Cinnamon 64bit! WORKS BEAUTIFULLY! All hardware is installed and working as well. 4K screen looks even better with Linux! For work I installed VPN and use office 365 across the web and use my phone for all Skype initiatives.

0 Kudos
gatmac
Bronze

How is your experience with Mint Linux on the 9550? I ran it off an external drive for testing but haven't yet fully converted.

Did you have any trouble installing the 3D drivers? I found they were necessary for running VMs under VMware Professional 12, but I hadn't made it that far in testing.

0 Kudos