Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 8th, 2017 03:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 Bluetooth Audio stutter and only for short distance

Just want to ask for help. When I connect my bluetooth headset to XPS 9550, it connects immediately but I notice after a few moment, I encounter the audio stutter. And when I move away from the laptop even at least 1.5 meters, I will no longer hear anything. My system is the XPS 9550 i7/ 16GB RAM / 1TB disk. I have tried downloading the recommended bluetooth driver in Dell page, but I still get the this problem.

I'm also using this headset on the other laptop Dell E5550 but I don't experience any problem at all.

I really appreciate your advise. Thank you.

9 Posts

November 4th, 2017 01:00

I tried to perform this, too. at first I thought it works but when I moved left or right while sitting in front of the laptop 1 meter away and wearing the bluetooth headset, the stutter still there or sometimes I cannot hear the audio.

In https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/410g6d/xps_15_9550_bluetooth_issue/, the problem was only resolve after replacing DW1830 with Intel AC8260.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 8th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest updating the System Setup(BIOS). Please follow the instructions in link below to safety install latest BIOS version onto the system.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official ...

After updating computer to the latest BIOS version, I suggest you install Dell Command | Update onto the system. The Dell utility that allows to automate driver and firmware updates on your system.

How to use Dell Command | Update to update all drivers ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 8th, 2017 10:00

Also,

Installing drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. Please don't wait later to install, select Restart Now.  The latest should be the Creator Update.

Get the Windows 10 Creators Update

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 8th, 2017 10:00

If updating the drivers doesn't fix the headphone problem:

I suggest you right click MDR-ZX330BT (headphone) driver in device manager, select Uninstall, and then reinstall the driver. Hopefully it will work well this time around.

If the headphone still doesn't work well:

Right click the Audio icon at the bottom of taskbar, select Audio Devices and check if the headphone is set at default.

Dell Inspiron 3543;

9 Posts

November 4th, 2017 00:00

Hi LSUFAN51,

thank you for sharing this information. I tried to perform tthis but the problem with my bluetooth exist.

No Events found!