Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2016 20:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 Bluetooth Problems

Hello! I recently got a Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 / FHD Display / 512gb) and am having trouble getting Bluetooth to work.

• The Bluetooth button does not show in my action center.
  • Can't seem to find any reference to Bluetooth in my Windows 10.
  • The Bluetooth Driver software will not complete install, it says "Activate Bluetooth using Wireless Switch"
  • Wireless Switch for Bluetooth is activated in the BIOS.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. Laptop is otherwise great and I just need to get Bluetooth working! Thanks -Ryan

1 Message

June 30th, 2017 19:00

Hi,

I just fixed my Bluetooth issue (system tray icon disappeared, dell driver update website could not detect the Bluetooth hardware etc.)  by uninstalling "Killer Wireless" program that got installed in one of the Dell recommended updates. simply go to control panel and uninstall the program.

Kind regards,

Akash

July 1st, 2017 07:00

I sent the laptop back to dell and they found the device had a faulty motherboard, among many other things. Dell sent me a new laptop that has had no problems and now I'm very happy. Thanks for your help, everyone.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 31st, 2016 20:00

:emotion-2:

Troubleshoot common computer problems:

1. Right click the Start's button

2. Click Control Panel

3. Look under System And Security, you should see "Find And Fix Problems", click it

4. Look to the left, click view all

5. Click Hardware And Devices

January 31st, 2016 21:00

Sorry to report this did not automatically fix my problem. It feels like the adapter has been switched off, but the BIOS says it is on and no software seems to exist to allow me to turn it on. There isn't a hardware switch I don't know about, or another way to install the bluetooth driver software, is there?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 31st, 2016 22:00

You can click on the Network Adapter(Troubleshoot Common Problems) and see what happen.

Do you see any Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager? Look at the Bluetooth drivers in my Device Manager:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer:

www.youtube.com/watch

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I also like to suggest you update the System Setup(BIOS) and then after, the drivers on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag number on the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Products

February 1st, 2016 06:00

Nope, no bluetooth devices in the device manager.

February 1st, 2016 06:00

Okay, I'll try out the BIOS update and report back.

February 1st, 2016 07:00

I did the BIOS update, and tried to install the bluetooth driver software for the computer again, encountering the same issue  "Activate Bluetooth using Wireless Switch". It sounds like the wireless switch is broken or stuck somehow. Is there any way to reset it without this software that refuses to install?

February 1st, 2016 07:00

Update: If I turn on "Show Hidden Devices" in the Device Manager, I can see bluetooth devices. Now I need to figure out how to unhide and enable them...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2016 08:00

Go to Control Panel and look under "Hardware And Sound", you should see "view devices and printers", click it.  Right click your booth devices and pair them.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2016 08:00

Connect to Bluetooth devices - windows 10):

windows.microsoft.com/.../getstarted-connect-to-bluetooth-devices

February 1st, 2016 09:00

I appreciate your help, but as I mentioned in previous posts, the driver will not install and the device is not visible to windows. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2016 09:00

Just in case you need the Bluetooth drivers, go to your Dell Product Support page again and click Modem/Communications.

No Events found!