Alexander6561
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply.

The speaker is still crackling.

0 Kudos
Knife_prty
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply.

Hey guys. I ordered the Dell XPS 15 4k 512gb on April 4th and had these exact issues, I tried to fix it with help from support but nothing worked so I returned it for a new computer and the new one arrived today with exactly the same issues. Has anyone found out more about this?
0 Kudos
piff4sale
1 Copper

^ I did the same exact thing. I thought it was a defect, returned it and got a new one. Same problem. If you change the settings in Audio -> Preset from Maxxsense to any other settings. You'll be good bro.

0 Kudos
lukas.p
1 Copper

Doenst work with my laptop. Which setting did u choose?

0 Kudos
piff4sale
1 Copper

I changed it to Movies

0 Kudos
lukas.p
1 Copper

unfortunately that doesnt change anything 😕

crackling noise is still there. I got a Dell technician comming today, maybe he can fix it.

0 Kudos
piff4sale
1 Copper

true...yea mine still crackles as well. let me know what the technician says! I would love to fix this problem

newstart028
2 Bronze

The only systems that Active Stylus works with are listed below. 192.168.l.l

0 Kudos
Nikhil2992
1 Copper

Righ-click speaker icon on the taskbar and click on troubleshoot sound problems. It should sort it out, it worked for me.  And make sure nothing is ticked in enhancements.

lukasb95
1 Copper

I've had the same issue (Inspiron 11 3158) - and it fixed by setting at the Dell Audio control panel - set the audio quality to 24Bit/48Khz or 16Bit/48Khz.
it seems the MaxxAudio software can't process 96Khz and 192Khz at real time properly.

Or, you can completely disable all enhancement at speaker properties -> enhancement -> tick the "disable all enhancement"

0 Kudos