Highlighted
Malcb
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 9550 screen going black intermittently after Dell firmware install this morning help!

When I powered up my new dell xps 15 9550 this morning, (bought less than 1 week ago) I had a message from Dell in the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying there was a firmware update notification. I clicked on this and proceeded to update the firmware.

since this, I have been suffering from the screen going blank and the only way to get it back on again is to switch off the laptop completely!

I have restored the bios to factory settings (F2) and have also tried disabling the nvdia video card but still have the same problem of the intermittent screen going black.

At the same time, if I am listening to music, the music also switches off, so it doesn't appear to be just a video card problem.

It all appears to point to this firmware update?!

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kim P.
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 9550 screen going black intermittently after Dell firmware install this morning help!

I have the same problem:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681228

I initially reported that my XPS 15 locks-up displaying an all white display, however, I have since noticed it locking-up with a black display or gray display. Recycling power is the only way to get the computer working again. Prior to an automated firmware update, my XPS had been working fine. If you find a solution, please post it. I will do the same.

0 Kudos