karny408
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

The wireless issue has happened twice today to me.

0 Kudos

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

There's a BIOS update due to be released for the system in the next few days that should help to resolve these issues. When it's released I'll post the link

Colin H
Dell | Social Outreach Services

I'm based in the UK and available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
McNeill.Daniel
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Sounds good....

Also have them post the following missing drivers for the XPS 15 9550 on the download section, which are available under the XPS 13 9350 download section... In case a user reinstalls windows such as myself.

Intel HID Event Filter Driver

Intel Serial IO Driver

Intel Management Engine Components

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I to have this issue.  Bought the xps 15 9550  i7, 4k, 16 gb etc from the Microsoft Store and have had nothing but issues.  I am on my fourth one in 3 days.  First three failed and crashed right out of the box.  This fourth one flickers so intensly sometimes that it is impossible to use at times.  Also I have noticed that the screen will shut down but the computer is still on when the flickering gets very intense.  Surprisingly it flickers much much less on the first floor of my house when I am near my router then on the second floor when I want to lay down and work.  Also i have noticed that if i.move the laptop off of a flat surface it will most likely flicker.  I have video of my issue that i will be happy to pass along.  I also had a color hue issue when expanding my web browser to fit the screen.  A download fixed that issue somewhat.  

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I decided to turn off all of connect automatically to wifi options I have around me. When I start the computer there is no out of control flickering.  When there is one clicked to auto connect the flickering occurs again during startup.  When i notice the most out of control flickering is when i move my computer away from main router and pass by another router on my way to the second floor.  When I reach my destination the flickering is so intense even if i restart it.  Only when i disable all my auto connects then restart is the flickering  almost non existent.  I am trying to type this on my phone so i apologize for my wording.  It would be easier to explain exactly what occurs if I was using my computer or talking over the phone.  Could some software issue with the wireless antenna inside the computer be cause such flickering.?

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I decided to turn off all of connect automatically to wifi options I have around me. When I start the computer there is no out of control flickering.  When there is one clicked to auto connect the flickering occurs again during startup.  When i notice the most out of control flickering is when i move my computer away from main router and pass by another router on my way to the second floor.  When I reach my destination the flickering is so intense even if i restart it.  Only when i disable all my auto connects then restart is the flickering  almost non existent.  I am trying to type this on my phone so i apologize for my wording.  It would be easier to explain exactly what occurs if I was using my computer or talking over the phone.  Could some software issue with the wireless antenna inside the computer be cause this issue?  It still flickers when i connect it manually after restarting but much much less.  

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Not sure if my messages will be posted but i did one last test and completely turned off the computers wifi.  When I restart the computer there is zero screen flicker.  To just clarify what i have meant by screen flicker is it cutting out to a black screen and back to normal visible screen and so on.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The new BIOS for the 9550 is now live. Can you please install it and let me know if the flickering issue is resolved.

9550 BIOS 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Colin H
Dell | Social Outreach Services

I'm based in the UK and available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

installed it.  Just got a message saying displaying driver stopped working and was recovered or something to that extent.  could have sworn it flickered but then that was before getting that message.  I also noticed when it flickers my mouse pointer sometimes goes to the center of the screen.   While typing this message my screen just flickered  twice and now as I type this message there is one long read line under this sentence saying I have misspelled everything

0 Kudos
Padellxps
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this did not work, I even had this performed on a clean installation. 

I will be returning the laptop today to the microsoft store.

0 Kudos