hans75
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

Hi all!

I had the same screen flickering with my brand new XPS 15 (9550).

I could trace it down to the internal grafix conflicting with hypervisor software such as hyper-v, vmware or virtualbox. As soon as I installed it, the screen starts to flicker. After removing the hypervisor everythring runs smooth and without any issues.

I stumbled upon a Microsoft issue in their KB where there tell about some issues using W10, Skylake and a hypervisor. Guess this will be fixed in the next wave of W10 or the next driver from Intel for the iGPU of Skylake.

For me it works - hope it helps guys!

Cheers and have a nice weekend,
Hans

Burtandernie
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

How do i delete all partitions and then format them? Thanks

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

If you could explain in a little more detail what I should attempt I would greatly appreciate it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
hans75
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Think my last post didn't make it though I write it again. 

As my new XPS 15 has also issues with screen flickering I started research and stumbled upon a article from Intel/MS. This article tells about a bug with the combination of Hyper-V, W10 and Skylake CPU.

After I removed the Hyper-V role from my W10 everything runs like charm - no screen flickering anymore. I haven't tried VMWare or VirtualBox but using a Hypervisor could be a problem at all with the Skylake inbuild iGPU.

I guess that the new W10 update delivered at the moment can bring a change. I've also read in the VMWare 12.1 update release note that some fixes have be done adressing screen flickering with Skylake CPUs.

Give it a try and de-install any Hypervisor.

Hope it helps as the new XPS is really a nice piece of tech.

Cheers, Hans

paperboat
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and it's happening so sporadically, sometimes it won't occur for awhile and sometimes it just keeps of flickering into the black screen... I doubt it's an issue with the actual display. I've tried everything including deleting and installing all drivers but nothing works...

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

My xps15 came with windows 10 home which does not have huper-v installed.  I have this issue even without it.

0 Kudos
cdode03
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same here. I am not sure why people are saying its a hyper v issue when it's not.

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I posted a video of my issue.  Cuurious if this is what other people flickering issue looks like.  Also i am curious to know where people bought their xps15 from.  I got mine from Microsoft store.

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

https://youtu.   be/AqZ-4Ihkb4s delete the spaces after the period in youtu.   Copy and paste to see the video

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Damnit all i want to do is post a link.

0 Kudos