Andshill7
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

Yeah, spoke too soon. Screen issues have just returned. including a hardware error in the reliability monitor.

I hate this thing!

0 Kudos
johnptd
3 Silver

RE: Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

The general system data at the top I got from BelArc Advisor. The specific Intel Graphics Data I got by running the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel from the Start Menu. When that comes up, go to "Options and Support" and click on "Information Center. That gives all the info on the Intel Graphics as well as some general system data.

I hope Dell (or Intel) can resolve this quickly. I can understand your disappointment. I will be glad to post anything that might help.

JohnD

0 Kudos
FrozenFusion
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@mkmckinley: I have not seen flickering like that at all.  My flickering since day 1 has been a full screen blink type flicker where the mouse typically resets to the center of the screen.

0 Kudos
Andshill7
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Mine does exactly that too. Cursor always returns to center of screen. Mine is so bad now (does all screen issues) that it is unusable. If this isn't resolved by Dell quickly I will be returning the thing.  Simply had enough now.

0 Kudos
beniew
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I almost bought this labtop, luckily i did some research, thank god for all y'all comments. Will be getting others where is also cheper. this machine is overpriced and horrible!
0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

A lot of people just watch reviews and forget that most of these reviewers get demo products that pass from reviewer to reviewer.  They are looked over and over to make sure they run as close to perfect as possible.  Best way to see what a computer is actually like is to do what you did.  Check out customers reviews and complaints.  It was a great spec'd computer that was horribly executed.  Dell should be ashamed of itself.  Also intell for not doing more to make sure their chipsets were ready.  Also Microsoft should have done more to improve windows 10 and correct big issues before releasing it.  

0 Kudos
mkmckinley
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You don't own one so your opinion is irrelevant.  It's actually a pretty great laptop.  A few units are having these problems that are fixable with software (mine went away with driver and BIOS update).  

0 Kudos
Burtandernie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Comments like this are annoying.  Your issues may have been fixed from the updates....Probably not but stating a few computers are having this issue and simply updating will fix them is stupid.   It is irritating that you are this dumb.  It is not just a few computers it is a considerable amount.  Look on twitter, reddit, youtube, and all the other forums.  It is not just the flickering issue.  Its audio, usb, battery, cpu, gpu, freezing and many other things. These issues are not just from a single seller.  Dell, Microsoft store, bestbuy, and many other places have sold horribly glitchy 9550's.  If you read the comments you probably would not have posted your dumb response.  Tell me why the four replacements i went through in a week after doing all updates had horrbile issues.  So so irritated you posted such a dumb comment.  

0 Kudos
Andshill7
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I agree. I'm a little irritated by this comment. I have owned my XPS15 for a week and the experience of the device has been terrible. Constant screen flickers, crsashes (LKD_0x15E_FATAL_MINIPORT_ERROR_FAILED_D0_IMAGE_bcmpciedhd63.sys) and lots of red in reliability history.

For the record. All my drivers are up-to-date. I've performed a full recovery and still the same. The one thing I have identified is that Hyper-V seems to be at the center of the screen flickers for me. Disabling the feature did make it stable (flickers only).

I'd like to confirm if anyone else can check this and see what happens to the screen flicker?

But one thing is for certain. This problem is widespread and IS NOT fixed by upgrading the BIOS and Drivers.

0 Kudos
imtribble
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had all kinds of problems until I installed the latest firmware along with the latest Intel Video driver and current network adapter drivers. I see a lot of complaints about flickering and locking up. You should take the time to update these items. Oh and FYI, the Dell software updater doesn't tell you that these things a newer.

0 Kudos