massimoabad
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 9560 Trackpad and Touchscreen Issues

Okay, so this just started happening tonight, but my trackpad and touchscreen on my XPS 15 9560 aren't working like they used to. I've had this laptop for about one and a half months and this is only happening now. 

Whenever I use my trackpad, be it using one finger to navigate Chrome or to select files, the trackpad randomly registers my one finger navigation as two finger scrolling and scrolls down the page. If I'm actually scrolling with two fingers on my laptop, sometimes the trackpad will register this as two finger zooming and will resize the webpage. Sometimes it will even register my two finger use as a three finger gesture and minimize my open windows. I don't know why this has started happening, and why only now, but it has made my trackpad unusable and I can't seem to do basic navigations anymore. 

My touchscreen is also starting to konk out on me. It just plain stops working. I can touch it once, and it will register, but then any more touches won't register. I can't scroll with the touchscreen and it becomes unresponsive. 

This is my only laptop and the laptop I will be using for the next four years. I'd really appreciate help in fixing these issues. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Dell XPS 15 9560 Trackpad and Touchscreen Issues

Hi massimoabad,

Thanks for posting.

Since your system is so new, you should take advantage of the warranty you paid for.  Please run the system diagnostics by pressing F12 at startup, make notes of any errors, and contact Dell Tech Support: You can contact them at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session at: http://dell.to/2v4snVm

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

RE: Dell XPS 15 9560 Trackpad and Touchscreen Issues

Thank you for your message.

Did this start happening after any Windows update or software installation?

Please run diagnostics & share the outcome.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos