Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2017 14:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 screen distortion

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 512GB SSD 4k 16GB. Today whilst using the laptop the screen began flickering. Now there is a permanent distortion on the screen. The screen has an impression of what I was doing even while it is booting (before the OS has loaded, during Dell boot screen where you can enter the BIOS)

Since this happens from the very moment I power on the laptop and before Windows has had a chance to load - it seems to me that this indicates it could well be a hardware issue. I have had the laptop for around two weeks. It is still under warranty.I need this resolved ASAP what should I do? 

Here is a picture:

1 Message

May 22nd, 2017 19:00

I just bought the exact same model and this happened on the first time I booted it up out of the box. I was downloading the McAfee installer to activate the 1 year subscription when the screen froze and I got the same ghosting effect, and black areas started to form all around the screen where it looked like the screen was burning out. I immediately rebooted it and the screen started flickering as well as ghosting any dialog that opened where you can still see a vague inprint of it.

There are not permanent artifacts on the bottom edge of my screen where parts of the task bar are lighter than they should be and sort of look like dead pixels. I am calling dell in the morning to ask for a new machine as I am not comfortable using hardware that experiences this type of issue on the first use.

9.4K Posts

May 25th, 2017 05:00

Hi cmcevenue,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.  Please perform a system diagnostics, then  contact Tech Support for assistance.  Thanks.

No Events found!