Highlighted

RE: Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled

Hi,

I couldnt find the tiny star screwdriver so I end up dropping it at the repair shop for 100$ consultation.

Initial feedback is that it s not a battery problem, but may be something wrong with the motherboard or the the charging chip. Will update when the final outcome comes out in case someone else is having the same problem as me.

Thanks a lot, LSUFAN51. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled

I had the same issue with a XPS 15 9530, DELL replaced the AC Adapter and it did resolve the issue for a short time, later the Motherboard was replaced and now it fails to power on at all.  Frankly I think there is a serious issue with this model laptop.  While DELL support has done everything they can to try and resolve the multiple issues, I know that I for one will never again buy a DELL product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mcarthurdw,

I fully agree with you. this is my first time and last time using dell. I do not want to let go of my current laptop because when i bought it i choose all the best options (memory, graphic, ect) but keeping it working is a nightmare.

Can you share more on what happen after you change your motherboard? the technicians will probably call me back again today to give me the repair quote. If I pay for it, i dont want it to work for few months and then die out again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

" Will update when the final outcome comes out in case someone else is having the same problem as me "

emoticon.BigSmile.title

I'm looking forward to the update.Hopefully your problem with the system is fix in the near future.Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi All, 

The repair shop quote me 500$ for repairing:

- input / output charger
- I/C converter
- The battery is unstable but ok.

I didn't get it repaired since my laptop is 3 years old this year, so, I dont think it's worth it.
According to one of my expert IT colleague, XPS is quite a difficult model to fix as the part are so small so in general if the I/O for example is damaged they have to change the entire motherboard.

Hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem.

0 Kudos