Highlighted
venk23
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 L502X Overheating/Shutoff Issue

Hi everyone / Dell,

I have purchased a Dell XPS 15 L502X laptop about 6 months back .with below spec's : - 2nd gen Intel Core i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz) - 8gb 1333MHz DDR3 memory (2 x 4gb sticks) - Windows 7 64bit with SP1 Home Premium (Dell built pre-installed software) - 2GB nVidia GeForce GT 540M dedicated video card with Optimus - 6 battery Cell . However i now noticed a few things . Firstly the Laptop gets pretty hot under load . When i try running higher end graphics games my lap gets heated within an hour and its turned Off....Again i have to wait for sometime till temperature returns to normal...then only i can able to Turn ON again my system.This doesnt seem normal to me . over the past 6 months and this has reduced the operation time of laptop while running on batteries to almost half . Anyone else got the same problem ?reply to my mail id : <Admin Note:email address removed per privacy policy~RK>

How can i overcome from this heating issue....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Isomorphic
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 15 L502X Overheating/Shutoff Issue

Try to clean the fan.

Get a cooler pad put under your laptop.

It can be hard disk issue too. Suggest you to replace with a SSD drive may help.

0 Kudos