Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2014 07:00

Dell XPS 15 L502X - Restoring to factory settings?

I would like to know how I can restore my laptop to factory settings?

The computer came with photoshop elements, premier elements, microsoft word, microsoft excel and microsoft powerpoint.

I would like to keep these! And heard that there was a way to restore to factory settings but does this include the pre-installed software? (and all the system drivers) and will I need all the product keys?

Oh, and if possible how would I do this?

Many thanks,

George

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 21st, 2014 08:00

Hi George,

Please back up all the important files and folders on the system and follow the steps in the link below to perform the factory default settings. It does not require any product key to perform the factory default settings.

http://dell.to/1ekWkl7

After performing the factory default settings in case the preinstalled software is not available, to install the software use the link below.

http://dell.to/1aXueeP

In this link click on my Dell download and then register and download the software’s for your computer.

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

January 21st, 2014 09:00

Oooo.....success.

Registered.

*edit*

I am an idiot with a terrible memory.  I just remembered that last year I didn't buy office from Dell, I got it from Microsoft directly, so obviously I can't download a new copy from Dell's website since they don't have my key.  *Hit head against desk*

4 Posts

"In this link click on my Dell download and then register and download the software’s for your computer."

https://smartsource.dell.com/web/UserForms/RegisterSystem.aspx

This doesn't work with Windows 8.1.  After you hit the 'register' on that page, nothing happens.  The green register button disappears and even if you wait, nothing happens. It is the same for IE, firefox, and Chrome.  The 'best' result I have managed is to get a "Server Error in '/Web' Application - Runtime Error"    

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Apexulated,

Try Firefox using IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab) and see if it registers.

Rick

January 21st, 2014 12:00

Do I need any preinstalled software to make this work! (i may have uninstalled it as my laptop was running out of space!!)

George

January 21st, 2014 12:00

How did you get it to work?!? It won't work on my laptop!

I have tried the IE tab extension for firefox.

George 

I am on Windows 7 if that makes a difference!!

I have not yet reinstalled windows I am just checking that everything will work before I start!!

January 21st, 2014 13:00

I have just rememberd where all the disks are so I will use them!!

George

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 14:00

Hi George,

Please let us know if you’re able to recover all the application using the disk

July 27th, 2014 13:00

Hello from Afghanistan,

I want and have tried to restore my Dell XPS computer to factory setting many times, but it doesn't have the last option (Dell data recovery).

Could you please guide me on how to restore my laptop to factory setting?

Cheers!!!

Noor

No Events found!