Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2011 23:00

Dell XPS 15 - L502X - Some crackling sound coming from the speakers while playing Audio files/Video Desktop and Internet

Hi Guys,

Recently , i have got some  problems while playing audio files. I have updated all the audio drivers currently available in dell. 2 months old machine. Is it Windows 7 issue ?.

8GB Memory , 1GB NV Graphic card, I7 processor , Windows 7 home premium. All drivers and windows updates are up to dated

Also some times it hangs the background

Please help me, The sound is very annoying also i can't use the feature of xps ? JBL speakers

Thank you

7 Posts

January 21st, 2012 07:00

I have reinstalled machine from dell back up image as per on of their support personal.. I don't have any VLC player now. It's most of the time happening when skype is on or some other heavy application running and playing music. Still this is an issue with my machine :( / Don't know what to do ..

try hard formatting ur laptop and not jst reinstallation from backup image... i too was facing the problem.. but aftr full format m nw nt facing it.. and plzz do not install any dell softwares except dell quickset utility aftr fully format..

18 Posts

I have reinstalled machine from dell back up image as per on of their support personal.. I don't have any VLC player now. It's most of the time happening when skype is on or some other heavy application running and playing music. Still this is an issue with my machine :( / Don't know what to do ..

18 Posts

helloo.. I said that was from back up image.. from boot . DELL back up

18 Posts

January 21st, 2012 19:00

hi Tousif,

Thanks for posting here.. but i have my dell guarantee.. let them do it. I am very disappointed with it. It's their some hardware issue. Probably nvidia. which cannot able to handle some operations. I cannot keep machine as i have bought from dell. It's not acceptable from a user point of view. See if you go to laptop audio issue in this forum. You can see most of them having same issue. Most of them came back after troubleshooting the given scenario or after days. So they are telling do not touch system ? . See this seems to have they are adding integrated machines without proper qa process and airing to users. Which is not a good service from DELL. I would personally recommend , donot take any dell products and recommend it. I will write down this to everybody. EVEN in media. I will do my level best to this will not happen to any of the users. Even they can't give a proper solution.

Regards / Rajeev

7 Posts

January 21st, 2012 19:00

yaa i got wat u said... i too tried to do that thing.. but the result yielded nothing...the crackling sound didnt go...

so do one thing...the windows7 reinstallation disk which u had got from dell...using that reinstall windows...

7 Posts

January 21st, 2012 20:00

yaa its true..

Dell should take care of the users and solve the problems..

but its not happening.....

1 Message

January 23rd, 2012 08:00

I had the same issue ......

Before taking any drastic action......

Check that the Power Options are not set to 'cool' or 'Power Save' as this will slow down the CPU.

Click........ Start - Control Panel - Power Options

If not already set - change to High Performance

Fixed it for me! Good luck.

18 Posts

January 23rd, 2012 09:00

Hi Allan,

No luck ..

Thanks.

January 23rd, 2012 11:00

Hi Guys,

Turning off the Mcfee Firewall is working...but its a temporary solution.

So while enjoying the music you can turn off firewall and enjoy

18 Posts

January 23rd, 2012 16:00

I bought it from DELL itself :), The machine comes out with McAfee. Yeah if it's working then a temp solution. I haven't tried it. Because i left everything to dell. I will not do a simple installation for this. TIRED, I have reinstalled for them.. moved lot of files to ext hdd and removed lot of app installed and used their dell image backup installation. Still happening then "OF COURSE" there is no point of holding this machine. They have to get back me the price of mcafee then. very much DISAPPOINTED ..

21 Posts

January 27th, 2012 08:00

I have started a new thread to cover the audio stuttering that has been confirmed as being Atheros WIRED ETHERNET related.

The thread is here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/p/19433908/20040755.aspx#20040755

There seems to be a number of different issues with the XPS15z that all cause similar symptoms, so in an effort to avoid further confusion I have started this new thread to allow the seperate issues to be discussed in isolation.

The first post in the new thread gives an example of a way to test if your problem is realted to the WIRED ethernet or not.

I am posting this link here as this thread discusses the WIRED adapter problem along with the wireless adapter problem and others - hopefully people finding this thread will be able to identify which flavour of the problem they have and start to post in the split out threads.

-FM

17 Posts

January 27th, 2012 11:00

Hey

im using xps 15 l501x 6gb..2gb gfx card i7 win 7 home premium.im facing the same issue from the past 5 months or so..been tryin to contact dell but no proper solution yet

right now that online chat is also not working..they say its not available for my device

17 Posts

January 30th, 2012 09:00

@tiousuf

sorry for the name error.

i had the hard disk replaced and installed the os from the cd they gave me..still the issue exists

7 Posts

January 30th, 2012 20:00

@tiousuf

sorry for the name error.

i had the hard disk replaced and installed the os from the cd they gave me..still the issue exists

but for me it did work... i started facing the problem the day i bought the laptop..the next day i contacted the dell cust care...and this went on for a week...

then finally i formatted my laptop...and thankfully evrythng is alryt then.....m not facing any issues from then....

but its a vey bad case that dell is ignoring....it vl cause dell so much... dell should take care of this probs and iradicate it....

18 Posts

January 31st, 2012 05:00

hi @all,

Question :- All of you have antivirus installed laptop ? Mcafee ? Nortan ?

Regards / Rajeev

No Events found!