Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2013 14:00

Dell XPS 15 L502X laptop crashes on the *Starting Windows* sign after the full factory restore.

Hello people. I am here because of the problem with my laptop i've never encountered before. My laptop kept crashing (blue screen) during the games and internet browsing, so i decided to do full system factory restore. During the restoration process, everything went great, and restoration finished with green check mark. But then, when it was restarting after the restoration, it crashed (blue screen) and kept restarting & crashing later on when i was trying to figure out what's the matter. I tried diagnose it, no errors were found. When i am booting in safe mode, it crashes (blue screen) on that excact moment too. 

Any help is appreciated!

2.6K Posts

October 10th, 2013 15:00

Hello PC gamer, 

I would request you to help me with the stop error code, if you get any. In case you are unable to get the stop error code, restart the computer; keep tapping F8, once you are on the Advanced Boot Options, Select Disable Automatic Restart and check for the Stop Error Code.

You may also refer to the article on Troubleshoot Blue-screen Issues and try the suggestions mentioned in it. 

Please write back with your findings. 

4 Posts

October 10th, 2013 18:00

Hello Mr.Allan,

I appreciate for trying to help me. The error  code it gives me is: 0x0000007B

Please tell me what the code means, and how to fix it if you know how.

Thank you.

2.6K Posts

October 11th, 2013 17:00

Hello PC Gamer,

The stop code 0x0000007B(INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE), occur during the startup process. When you encounter one of these stop codes, the following has happened:

• The system has completed the Power-On Self-Test (POST).
  • The system has loaded NTLDR and transferred control of the startup process to NTOSKRNL (the kernel).
  • NTOSKRNL is confused. Either it cannot find the rest of itself, or it cannot read the file system at the location it believes it is stored.

Please try the suggestions mentioned in this article under Topic 2. 

Hope this helps!

4 Posts

October 11th, 2013 18:00

Hello Mr.Allan, 

I can't understand all that stuff, like kernels. Can i do something with my Drivers and Utilities CD? Can i reinstall/restore something in order for windows to start working again?

Write me back!

4 Posts

October 13th, 2013 14:00

also trying to boot up from the cd with drivers. what commands should i write in F:\> ?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 13th, 2013 20:00

Before going further, run an extended hard drive diagnostic (F12 at powerup).  You likely have a faulty drive.

2.6K Posts

October 14th, 2013 18:00

Hello PC Gamer,

Sorry if I have made things harder. In addition to what Ejn63 has suggested, please try the steps mentioned in this article and see how it goes. 

Hope this helps!

No Events found!