Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 8th, 2013 16:00

Dell XPS 15 (L502X) w Quanta Integrated Webcam Not Working in SKYPE

I agree with other posters who have reported that the latest version of Skype does not work with the Quanta Integrated webcam of the Dell LX502X (and other LX models). The version of Skype that does work with this webcam is 6.3.0.107. Just be sure to turn off automatic updates in Skype (tools - options - advanced - automatic updates). Even then, Skype asks you to update but at least it won't happen automatically and disable video chat in Skype.

The latest Quanta webcam driver that Dell has available for download (Windows-7 64 bit) is A00-1.0.1404.1005.

Conflicts with this webcam/driver have also been reported on Logitech forums after installing Logitech webcam software.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 8th, 2013 16:00

pmossel,

Did you try Skype version 6.7.0.102

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

Rick

2 Posts

September 8th, 2013 18:00

The short answer is yes and no.

The failure of Skype to make video calls happened on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system that had been running fine for two years. Since Skype auto-updates by default, the video problem must have started a while before that but I didn't notice since I do not make video calls frequently. I then checked the webcam driver but no new one had been posted by Dell.

I reinstalled Windows 7 (for reasons unrelated to Skype) and noticed that video calls in Skype did not work after a clean install and the most recent version of Skype. At that point, I suspected Skype was the cause and found that version 6.3.0.107 of Skype is the most recent version that works with the Quanta webcam driver on the LX502X.

In other words, whether the OS is reinstalled or has been running for a while, there is a mismatch between the Quanta driver and Skype versions after 6.3.0.107. Clearly the webcam works with other apps but not with recent versions of Skype.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 8th, 2013 22:00

pmossel,

Download and install in this exact order, reboot in between installations.

Intel Huron River (HM67), v.9.2.0.1015, A00

Intel Management Engine Interface, v.7.0.0.1144, A01

Renesas USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver

DELL,SRV,DRVR,USB 3.0,CTL,L702X,2.1.27.0,A03

Quanta H.264 integrate webcam, v.1.0.1404.1005, A00

Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Start, control panel, programs and features, Skype, uninstall.

Restart your computer

Try this version on Skype.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

Tell me what happens. If it doesn't work, can you give me a screenshot of the device manager.

Rick

1 Message

February 26th, 2015 01:00

L.S.

I have the same problem as above.

I tried this solution. without a positive result

my webcam in the device manageris is named "WEBCAM" instead of "Intergrated Webcam"

Is uses the following drivers: ksthunk.sys, usbvideo.sys and ctclsflt.sys (before the solution above it used only ksthunk.sys, usbvideo.sys but did also not work)

when i open dell webcam central i get the error to close the other application that is using the cam (but there is none).

Please help ....... How can we use the webcam again....

The webcam can't be used with any application at this moment

servicetag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 28th, 2015 23:00

ictwenh,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to each USB Root Hub. right click on it, left click uninstall.

Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will reinstall everything. Please be patient, it could take up to 2 minutes.

Try the webcam and see if it works.

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!