Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 15th, 2013 10:00

Dell XPS 15 (L521x)

Hi all,

I have a XPS 15 (L521x) model laptop with the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Wireless-N adapter 1202. On the support.dell.com website there is an updated driver version of the software that was originally present when I purchased the system. I have downloaded the software and attempted to install it per instructions, but when I try to uninstall the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager (Which is the first step according to the installer) it gives me the following error message:

Installation not supported on non Dell platforms

*SysMfg: Dell Inc.

*Mfg: Dell Inc.

*RegID:P23F

*SysID:0x0000054F

Not sure why this message keeps coming up, but until I can get past it I'm unable to update the driver version for my Killer wireless....Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Truckin

1 Message

February 13th, 2015 11:00

I know this was posted over a year ago but I just ran into the same issue and couldn't find anything anywhere. I've got gotten it all figured out at least for me. Not sure what the issue was but the solution I found was the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202 + Bluetooth Driver (The one without the  + Bluetooth always popped up the error.)

Here is the link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=7MTRG

2 Posts

December 18th, 2013 20:00

Did you find out anything?  I get the same error.

24 Posts

December 18th, 2013 23:00

No,

Haven't gotten any help or answers to this issue. It doesn't appear that anyone else has experienced it aside from you and myself. As usual, Dell doesn't appear concern either.

Truckin

2 Posts

December 19th, 2013 11:00

I opened a ticket but was told I needed to call support.  I called 1-800-624-9896 and opened Service Request # if you want to reference it.  We ended up having to manually delete the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager with Revo uninstaller. Then I had to delete all the registry keys left behind and then run the install.  The support tech was very responsive and I didn't have to wait at all when I called this morning.  However, he'd never seen the issue so it probably took us about an hour and a half to fix it.  Good luck!

24 Posts

December 20th, 2013 12:00

It's great you were able to get this issue resolved for yourself. However, in following your steps taken with the customer service rep I am still unable to correct/update my drivers. I really hate to contact Dell's tech support, but glad that your experience with them was a positive one!!!

Truckin

15 Posts

December 26th, 2013 14:00

I had the same problem.  I went to Killer 1202n web site under drivers and they have a cleaner you run first, I used the 64 bit one, then install the driver.  That worked for me.  I had the same errors as the OP before doing this.

June 1st, 2016 13:00

Haven't gotten any help or answers to this issue. It doesn't appear that anyone else has experienced it aside from you and myself. As usual, Dell doesn't appear concern either.

These are community forums; if you're expecting an official response from Dell on this, you're looking in the wrong place.

No Events found!