Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 11th, 2017 10:00

Dell XPS 15 Precision M3800 No Power to Unit. PCB Board diagram Schematic?

XPS 15 No Power to Unit. Tried Pulling Battery, CMBOS, Power Back,

CMBOS Voltage was 3.2V

Steps Taken

Tested Original Supply coming out at 19.7V ( rated 19.5)

Battery Voltage 11.1V to Logic Board

Power Button Tested fine for continuity when pressed

DC Jack Cable puts out the same power as what the power adapter supplies ( Was this supposed to step down the voltage?) I do know the E65XX series had less pins but put out 19v on some wires and 12v on the others) So I was thinking maybe the DC Adapter wasnt putting out the correct power?)

Ram was seated properly and tested for function.

It does not show any signs of power in terms of lights on the board and will not turn on.

Take tried to run it without battery. without battery and ram for lights, without one ram in each slot, with and without cmbos. have already tried taking out all electricity to board and taking out the remaining electricity in hopes to boot. Still no sign of life.

I need to get more info about the board to test the rest of the board.

18 Posts

March 22nd, 2017 10:00

I still need the Schematics Please

But my particular problem was the BP717 CHIP.

I think there was a short and it needed to be reseated or replaced. Now its working.

Also tested some caps around it and one to the right up or down about a cm . Also seemed to not be grounded correctly but still working. I think i need to replace it eventually. would really like to get a board diagram to know whats up.....

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 12:00

Dell doesn't publish schematics - and it's unlikely the manufacturer can either (by agreement with Dell).

No Events found!