Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15 - USB 3.0 Problem

Just the read the post directly preceding yours. It has the answer to the question you pose.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Do you can localize for me? I dont understand well english... and are many posts...

Highlighted
1 Copper

Sorry Olavocpa, my reply was to the message before yours. I can't understand your question well enough to answer. Please just try to get the drivers from Station and install them. Given your repair history, it may be impossible for USB 3 to work. You might have been sold a replacement board that doesn't work properly with USB 3. I hope this is not the case, but it is a possibility.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Oh, sorry... well, you know if there are a method for realize test in pure hardware, without to be throught for windows? How I know if my hardware is OK?

Highlighted
1 Copper

Alas, I doubt if even Dell or any of the other manufacturers had such a test. The first generation of USB 3 laptops was difficult for all manufacturers. Problems surfaced that nobody had dreamed of, and they are difficult to identify and to solve. If USB 3 is important to you, you should buy a more recent laptop, and be sure also to have more recent USB 3 peripherals. Cables are an important weak point too. Sometimes just changing the cable (usually to a shorter one) will solve problems. I know this advice may be painful, but it really is in your best interests. It is possible that you may solve the problems with your present set-up, but I doubt it.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Can you please provide the link from where you downloaded the driver

It seems they have changed the layout of the site. New download page is here.

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/10-drivers/42-renesas-nec

Although it might not help. because it seems for some users only a motherboad change helps.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Just had a problem with the USB ports on the right side of the machine - they stopped working.

Tech support had me update the bios, and the chipset drivers, and my ports are now working.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I had all the same problems with USB 3.0. The only thing that fixed it was to do a clean install of windows 8.1. Now they work fine. Previously I was running win 7 .

Highlighted
2 Iron

Just had a problem with the USB ports on the right side of the machine - they stopped working.

Tech support had me update the bios, and the chipset drivers, and my ports are now working.

What BIOS did you update?  And from what version to what version?
And what version of the chipset drivers?
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Well to be fair, the tech was driving, and he drove to the update site.

I believe it was just a simple update to bios version A2.

For clarity, my system is: DELL XPS 9530

The chipset update i think was already in place: INTEL 8 SERIES CHIPSET driver.
Suspect he reapplied it just to be sure.

Anyway, here's the link per the updates.
whether it applies to your system, i dunno:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/servicetag/DM9LYY1?&c=US&l=en&appIndex=dellspct